Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winchester .350 Legend

Site Supporter
    I have an 18 inch 350 Legend barrel ordered. I have all the other parts to build an upper. Got some ammo ordered also - cheap FMJ to test fire, rough zero, and source of brass. Box of 180 SP for hunt. Extra Leupold VX2 3-9x40 on hand. We will see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Back when deer season was only six days a year in Ohio, .357 Max was the thinking man's pistol caliber. At one time, Hornady made a spire point .357 single shot pistol bullet, and handloaded in a Contender, it beat all others. Mike Bellm has been going on about .357 Max for a long time, and has occasionally gotten manufacturers to do runs of brass.

.350 Legend is a rimless Max, and should work as well as the Max does. However, if you don't need a straight wall cartridge I don't know why you'd use it.
    Starline does enough runs of .357 Maximum brass to keep it more or less constantly in stock. If I was in a straightwall only zone, I would argue that the smart money would be to get a Henry Single Shot re-chambered for .357 Max (or DIY with a rented reamer), and thus take advantage of the plethora of .357 components, and the ability to use .357 Magnum and .38 Special.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Any more information on 350 Legend as a dedicated straight wall state hunting round appreciated.
    The cartridge was introduced in April of this year, so not much info as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have an 18 inch 350 Legend barrel ordered. I have all the other parts to build an upper. Got some ammo ordered also - cheap FMJ to test fire, rough zero, and source of brass. Box of 180 SP for hunt. Extra Leupold VX2 3-9x40 on hand. We will see how it works.
    I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.
    (Formerly known as Sotex.)

Site Supporter
    Christmas today - 350 Legend barrel plus a few other parts I need to build the upper arrived. A set of Lee dies arrived - and surprise - they have basic reloading data. Looks like powders that might be used in 300BO or 44 MAG. I have a bunch of 147 HP 9mm projectiles on hand to build practice loads after I shoot the basic Winchester 145 FMJ.

350 Legend makes me think of a stretched 30 Carbine.

User Tag List