Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fanny pack for runs?

Hammertime

Fanny pack for runs?

I found the HPG Kit bag too bouncy. Same with any sort of belly band and any gun over 15 oz.

My best solution for running with stuff concealed is:

Decent gun belt and OWB holster directly on skin with shirt over. I have carried as small as a G42 and as large as a G19 comfortably at 4:00.

Second small belly band elastic type belt for phone, keys, etc. just above the gun belt.

Hope thats helpful and you probably have what you need laying around the house to test it.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 06-10-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have done a significant amount of running with various fanny packs, and have found that bounce is largely eliminated by simply tightening the waist strap.

During exercise, something that protects the gun from sweat is important. I definitely want a barrier between me and the gun as well as over the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I must be going crazy, or blind. I thought I responded to a post that posted this https://www.elitesurvival.com/concea...athon-gunpack/
    Fortunately I texted it to my wife. I actually think something like this might work.

Thanks for all the help

I've used a Wilderness Packer Backer (available with or without water bottle pockets) combined with a Wilderness Safepacker for over 20 years. Great for walking, hiking and bicycling, etc.

https://www.thewilderness.com/safepa...in-biker-pack/

https://www.thewilderness.com/safepa...packer-backer/

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 06-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Site Supporter
    I've given up on normal running shorts and alternative carry options. I now run in various lightweight shorts that have belt loops. That way I can use my normal holster, don't have to move the Clinchpick to a different position, etc.

Site Supporter
    I use a black and gray 5.11 fanny pack to conceal my P365 when mountain biking. It has a very small footprint and is very quick yet secure. I flip it around while riding so that the buckle is in front.

https://www.511tactical.com/select-c...tol-pouch.html

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I must be going crazy, or blind. I thought I responded to a post that posted this https://www.elitesurvival.com/concea...athon-gunpack/
    Fortunately I texted it to my wife. I actually think something like this might work.

Thanks for all the help
    You did. I posted it in a different thread.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Safepacker, from The Wilderness dot com, hand-carried to eliminate bounce, perhaps?

Once upon a time, when my knees and feet still allowed me to run as much as I wanted, I use a Michael’s of Oregon pouch, to tote a J-Snub, hand-carried. With every completed lap around the wooded park, I switched hands. If that pouch is still available, today, it would be too small for anything much larger than small-frame snub. A Safepacker can be had in larger sizes.

I run much, much less, these days; just enough to let the dogs get their blood pumping, for a bit. The Safepacker on a belt works fine; usually the gun is an S&W Model 327 PC 8-shot snub.

I love the Hill People Gear Kit Bags, for walking pace movement; I have yet to try running while wearing one. I did buy their now-discontinued runner’s harness, designed to link a Kit Bag with their Tarahumara backpack, but have yet to assemble the rig.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

At the risk of starting another WML battle-royale, IF you carry your pistol with a WML check out "The Zacchaeus" by Dale Fricke Holsters.

Dale's "The Zacchaeus" for pistols without WML is on the Hill People Gear website, but if you go directly to Dale's site you can get "The Zacchaeus" that will fit your flavor of pistol and WML.

Big fan of that holster type for the HPG Kit Bags and other off-body carry methods. I'm happy Dale came out with one for guns wearing WML's.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Big fan of that holster type for the HPG Kit Bags and other off-body carry methods. I'm happy Dale came out with one for guns wearing WML's.
    Have a couple of these for pistols I carry in fly fishing vest (or HPG, when I use it to hold a fly box or two, tippet, etc.).

Sort of thought it was gimmicky, tried one out, and turned out it is very handy, particularly when you're stowing a handgun into a tight area (said vest pocket). And reasonably quickly accessed from either HPG bag or the vest pocket I stow gun in.

User Tag List