Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Spies are the new journalists”, longish read, worth your time

“Spies are the new journalists”, longish read, worth your time

I’ve never heard of this site before, but I’m impressed with this troubling article. Looks like we have a new “revolving door” from gov’t agent to “journalist” or more accurately “partisan pundit.”

Tablet is a daily online magazine of Jewish news, ideas, and culture. Launched in June 2009, it’s a project of the not-for-profit Nextbook Inc., which also produces the Nextbook Press Jewish Encounters book series. Our archive holds all the articles and features that originally appeared on the website Nextbook.org.
    https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...ew-journalists

Other members of CNN’s shadow intelligence organization include Josh Campbell, one-time special assistant to ex-FBI Director James Comey, and CIA official Philip Mudd. What qualifies them as journalists, as opposed to Assange? They worked in the intelligence community.

CNN rival NBC/MSNBC features an even more formidable roster of spooks. At the top is John Brennan, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency. During his time at the helm of the CIA, the agency spied on Congress, lied about it and finally got outed by an internal report forcing Brennan to issue apologies to the senators who had been targets of the intelligence operation. “The C.I.A. unconstitutionally spied on Congress by hacking into the Senate Intelligence Committee computers,” Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall wrote at the time. In a statement calling on Brennan to resign, Udall wrote: “This grave misconduct not only is illegal but it violates the U.S. Constitution’s requirement of separation of powers” and called the episode evidence of “a tremendous failure of leadership.”
    #RESIST

Nice one , LL. That article made this one I had read previously make even more sense: https://www.jamesbowman.net/diaryDetail.asp?hpID=721

There seems to be a very tight relationship between the big media players and the neoconservative/neoliberal elite these days. The goals are now obvious:

1) pushing a new Cold War with the Russians, who are presented as an existential threat to American democracy;

2) branding all attempts to pull the US out of foreign miltary adventures as treason;

3) getting government to become heavily involved in regulating online speech to "protect us from the Russians."

The bunch that got us into Iraq in '91 aren't letting go of the reins without a fight. It's a group that has it's hands firmly on the leadership of both parties.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 06-06-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve never heard of this site before, but I’m impressed with this troubling article. Looks like we have a new “revolving door” from gov’t agent to “journalist” or more accurately “partisan pundit.”

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...ew-journalists
    Nothing new here, unfortunately, brother.

Same with national news “talking heads”, distinguished university leaders, Board of Directors positions for transnational corporations, etc., etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn Reynolds has an interesting answer to all that:Tax the revolving door
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Drain the Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Drain the Swamp
    Boil it.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Boil it.
    As long as we can surround it with crocodiles to catch anyone who might escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Nice one , LL. That article made this one I had read previously make even more sense: https://www.jamesbowman.net/diaryDetail.asp?hpID=721

There seems to be a very tight relationship between the big media players and the neoconservative/neoliberal elite these days. The goals are now obvious:

1) pushing a new Cold War with the Russians, who are presented as an existential threat to American democracy;

2) branding all attempts to pull the US out of foreign miltary adventures as treason;

3) getting government to become heavily involved in regulating online speech to "protect us from the Russians."

The bunch that got us into Iraq in '91 aren't letting go of the reins without a fight. It's a group that has it's hands firmly on the leadership of both parties.
    I could not agree with you more..My gut tells me that this isn't going to end well..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    As long as we can surround it with crocodiles to catch anyone who might escape.
    And napalm strikes for anything (I mean, anyone) that makes it through that?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I could not agree with you more..My gut tells me that this isn't going to end well..
    I fervently hope this ends poorly for those that would use the state intelligence and law enforcement agencies for partial, political ends.
    #RESIST

User Tag List