Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smith 19 carry comp 3 inch - anyone have experience shooting one?

I have a Model 66 3" Carry Comp, and use to own DB's Model 67 3" Carry Comp. I agree with his assessments. I've shot a Model 19 3" Carry Comp, and helped a friend acquire one. I'll mention this thread to him.

Be prepared to spend about a grand. But they are definitely worth acquiring. They are a gateway drug, however. I have a 66, 640 and 642 Carry Comp - all are very useful tools. Put a pair of VZ grips, or a pair of cocobolo Spegel's on them, and you are living in the lap of luxury.

All three pistols are listed in my will, and that's got a waiting list, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Which makes me wonder why S&W didn't make a 66 Carry Comp instead. I'd think that would be get a number of people going into Fat-Kid-On-Cake mode.
    Agee 100%. Even if like my 67 they black coated it. New S&W bluing is not like old S&W blue. I pointed out to the S&W rep at the NRA show in Dallas that the blue L Comp was covered in rust around the front sight and it really doesn’t look good for the quality on a high dollar gun. “A lot of people touching it” was a fairly lame excuse.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a Model 66 3" Carry Comp, and use to own DB's Model 67 3" Carry Comp. I agree with his assessments. I've shot a Model 19 3" Carry Comp, and helped a friend acquire one. I'll mention this thread to him.

Be prepared to spend about a grand. But they are definitely worth acquiring. They are a gateway drug, however. I have a 66, 640 and 642 Carry Comp - all are very useful tools. Put a pair of VZ grips, or a pair of cocobolo Spegel's on them, and you are living in the lap of luxury.

All three pistols are listed in my will, and that's got a waiting list, too.
    Am I in the #1 spot or waiting list....? Just out of curiosity...😉
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Am I in the #1 spot or waiting list....? Just out of curiosity...😉
    Worry not, your name is on one of them. Hopefully you have to wait a while to find out which one.

Which makes me wonder why S&W didn't make a 66 Carry Comp instead. I'd think that would be get a number of people going into Fat-Kid-On-Cake mode.
    I really don't think there's a lot of people carrying k frames. I'm shocked they have the 2.75" 66.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Worry not, your name is on one of them. Hopefully you have to wait a while to find out which one.
    I d rather have you around till neither of us can even pick up a gun and crack dirty jokes over whiskey at the old folks home.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Which makes me wonder why S&W didn't make a 66 Carry Comp instead. I'd think that would get a number of people going into Fat-Kid-On-Cake mode.
    I really don't think there's a lot of people carrying k frames. I'm shocked they have the 2.75" 66.
    Maybe there aren't. But still, if one is going to make a carry gun that is likely going to carried IWB/AIWB, then why not make it more corrosion-resistant?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Maybe there aren't. But still, if one is going to make a carry gun that is likely going to carried IWB/AIWB, then why not make it more corrosion-resistant?
    I agree, just musing on why they didn't.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I agree, just musing on why they didn't.
    I'll go with "because they're chuckleheads".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List