Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving into the 3" game: Ruger GP100 3" w/ Adj. (#1751) ... how 2 carry?

I use jmcustom aiwb holster for my M66. Prior to the 2.75" gun it carried my 4" m19. Very comfortable. I sit around the house chilling with it. I did trim an inch off of it now that my edc is a bit shorter.
    Name:  1533958836628475688062-636776.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  39.2 KB

For woods carry I prefer El Paso Saddlery Threepersons holster.
    Name:  KIMG0899.jpg
Views: 2181
Size:  69.8 KB

Is that a .38 Special-only gun, or am I missing something in the picture?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Since everyone has already said JMCK and are correct to say it, I'll add that if you want OWB concealable you could go the sweet, sweet leather option and roll it in a Galco Combat Master. I had one for years and it was solid OWB for my 3 inch GP100.
    Prior to my post, all I saw on Galco's website for GP-100 belt holsters were for the 4".
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Thank you everyone for the quick replys! I am just getting home after a long day of swinging a hammer. I will definitely reach out to JMCK... and I am still looking through some of the leather options mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Tony at JMCK built me an AIWB for my 3" S&W 686+

You might check to see if he builds one for your model.

I've also used a Triple K #314 leather holster AIWB with the 686+

Don't carry it often in this manner, but it was surprisingly comfortable and concealable with the right pants / belt combo and cover garment.
    Appreciate the insight. What width belt were you using? I have both 1.5" and 1.75" from my semi autos.

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    What kind of tractor will you be operating?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A John Deere 1025e with a backhoe and loader. Building my own house on 10 acres here in SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The crossdraw rig you are considering, is it for open carry? The Gunfighters Inc “Kenai” works well and you can fit a The Wilderness speedloader pouch on the harness.
    Yes, it would be for open carry. I have a Hill People Gear chest rig that encloses the pistol for motorcycle ADV touring. I like the Kenai rig, but would prob look for the same concept in leather. As the proclaimed "power user" of the GP100, is a belt mount crossdraw a bad concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Is that a .38 Special-only gun, or am I missing something in the picture?
    It is a 38 special only model. Ruger model #1751. It is one of only two ways I know to get a 3" gp100 with adjustable sights. (The other being the model #1708)

I will try to track down some leather and update. Another question: is the consensus that .38 +P+ is as viable an option as off the shelf .357 in regards to critters? Would it be worth reeming the cylinder to accept .357? Thanks again.

Site Supporter
    I have wanted the .357 mag model 1708 for awhile. Hopefully they will make another run.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Thank you everyone for the quick replys! I am just getting home after a long day of swinging a hammer. I will definitely reach out to JMCK... and I am still looking through some of the leather options mentioned.

Appreciate the insight. What width belt were you using? I have both 1.5" and 1.75" from my semi autos.
    1.5" with both holsters mentioned above...JMCK as well as the leather Triple K.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have wanted the .357 mag model 1708 for awhile. Hopefully they will make another run.
    I got tired of hunting for one, and figured I could reem this one out if need be. Picked this one up NOS for a song. Although, I think I would nab a 1708 if I found one.

JPedersen, I have a Bianchi 111 you can have if you’d like. It’s for right side OWB and crossdraw with a thumb break, tan. If you PM me your shipping info I can send it next week when I’m back from vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Yes, it would be for open carry. I have a Hill People Gear chest rig that encloses the pistol for motorcycle ADV touring. I like the Kenai rig, but would prob look for the same concept in leather.
    I have no experience with this maker, but their stuff does look nice:

https://www.swordslingerholsters.com...chest-holsters
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I have a Kramer IWB holster that I originally bought for my 696. I stopped carrying it when 696 prices climbed into the stratosphere (it's a "no-dash" model that was originally sent out for T&E to a gun writer who liked it enough to buy it).

It fits a six-shot K, so I carry a 65 in it. It disappears under a loose t-short or sweatshirt, because reasons.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List