Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: "Florida Man" Back in the News

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yeah, ‘GN is my hometown independent. Here’s the actual link, it’s an AP story:

https://wgntv.com/weird-news/ap-expl...lawsuit-claims
    Oh, Winter Park. Gotcha. Yeah West of N Orlando Avenue towards Eatonville Winter Park can get a bit sketchy.

Competition for Florida Man

There has been a Florida Man competition. Sounds a bit mild but it was a public event.

https://apnews.com/article/florida-m...64109cd126b207

"They rose up by the dozens from across Florida, caricatured competitors in tank tops and cutoff shorts, for a showdown that treats evading police and wrestling over beer like Olympic sports.

Promoted as “the most insane athletic showdown on Earth,” the Florida Man Games poke fun at the state’s reputation for bizarre stories that involve brawling, drinking, gunfire, reptile wrangling and other antics carrying a risk of time in jail or intensive care.

The games kicked off Saturday with the “Star Spangled Banner” played on electric guitar. Then spectators sipping canned beers behind metal barricades cheered and frequently shouted expletives as a dozen teams battled in contests inspired by real events from America’s most surreal state."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How about a lawsuit against DD for misrepresenting their hot beverages as coffee?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about a lawsuit against DD for misrepresenting their hot beverages as coffee?
    Or those round things as doughnuts
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Still rather drink their coffee than the toxic brown sludge sold by those pretentious Seattle shitbitds. At least at DD, I can order a large coffee without having to figure out if “venti” means “large”.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I spent a couple years in DD’s home turf, but have been a customer since my early teens. I still remember their endless soup and fresh bread deal from the late 70s.

Better and more consistent than the crap at Charbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Or those round things as doughnuts
    Agreed, even since they quit making them in store and moved to a commissary model. The only exception I’ve seen is in Mass and South NH, because there are so damn many outlets the commissary system works. They’re at least tolerable there, but I’ll still take a good small bakery donut over DD hands down. The DD sourdough is great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Still rather drink their coffee than the toxic brown sludge sold by those pretentious Seattle shitbitds. At least at DD, I can order a large coffee without having to figure out if “venti” means “large”.
    This, so much this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Someone recently put in a DD/Baskin Robbins combo shop in our little slice of heaven. Thinking back to my junior high trips to DD on Sunday mornings after finishing my paper route to meet with a couple other kids I knew who had routes, I made a beeline for the place shortly after they opened.

Big change. I won't be back as I'm not going to pay more for a convenience store donut than I pay for that donut at a convenience store.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Technically Oklahoma, but morally feels like a Florida Man happening:

Robbed at Snake Point
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Eating tarpon? Must be some dumb damnyankee tourist if he thinks he's going to have a tarpon for dinner.
    Aren't tarpon just a giant goldfish (carp)?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List