Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Pistol Brace Amnesty

ATF Requests Funding for Pistol Brace Amnesty/Registration Program

ATF Requests Funding for Pistol Brace Amnesty/Registration Program!? (ammoland.com)

Our ATF inside sources have told AmmoLand News that the ATF was planning for an amnesty period where gun owners would be able to register their braced pistols as short-barreled rifles (SBR) and that it is expected they will receive a free tax stamp. The ATF charges $200 per SBR. Currently, there are at least four million braced pistols in the United States.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

What could possibly go wrong.
    Taking a break from social media.

Well shit, I have a bunch of stupid projects with pistol braces on stupid stuff that I will happily take a free tax stamp for…

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What could possibly go wrong.

I'm sure the e form system is ready for the millions of applications that will poor in.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I'm sure the e form system is ready for the millions of applications that will poor in.
    Tell me about it!

Oh, is the free stamp retroactive for those who already converted????

Totally not a list.
    #RESIST

Makes me wonder, with ~4million or so Form1s hitting eForms at the same time, I imagine this will push wait times into the stratosphere. Might make a good legal case for delay of rights or something along those lines. And ~4million goes a fair way towards demonstrating things are 'in common use'.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Whose going to shocked if they claim to need $800 million in funding to offset the lost revenue?

It would be like paying criminals not to rob you.

This administration never ceases to amaze me.
    Taking a break from social media.

So...

I'm being forced to potentially pay the government a tax because a regulatory agency told me to...

Interesting...

Not law, not code, nothing. Just an Agency saying "we think this is the case". Awesome, sounds totally legit.

Meh, beyond the potential $200 savings. Either remove the brace or Form 1. If you Form 1 it with or without the tax, you’re on a “list” anyways.

I’m of the opinion that braces were a FU approach anyways. And yes, I have several. All but one or two would be amnestied, and the one or two would be converted to a non-braced format. And if the amnesty doesn’t happen, they will be converted to a non-brace format until I can Form 1 them.

This could save me some money on items I was going to Form 1 anyways.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List