Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Rogers Model 36 back up/off duty gun

Could you tell us about the AIWB holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    Could you tell us about the AIWB holster?
    It was made by a guy named D’Agostino who had a shop near the NYPD Equipment section. He would custom make a lot of stuff for NYPD cops and some celebrities like Jerry Lewis. The holster carries deep AIWB to hide the gun below the equipment on Pats Duty belt. He was using dump pouches when he started in Patrol and it sat below them.
    I used a similar set up with an Eagle IWB holster worn in the front. I was using huge N frame speedloaders and mine ride hirer and was still mostly concealed behind the pouches. I also used a rigger belt instead of a traditional garrison belt under the San Brown belt.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I think the gun found its most appropriate home.

@Dagga Boy

Off topic but your FB post about the Model 10-3 HB was terrific.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-09-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It was made by a guy named D’Agostino who had a shop near the NYPD Equipment section. He would custom make a lot of stuff for NYPD cops and some celebrities like Jerry Lewis. The holster carries deep AIWB to hide the gun below the equipment on Pats Duty belt. He was using dump pouches when he started in Patrol and it sat below them.
    I used a similar set up with an Eagle IWB holster worn in the front. I was using huge N frame speedloaders and mine ride hirer and was still mostly concealed behind the pouches. I also used a rigger belt instead of a traditional garrison belt under the San Brown belt.
    That is very interesting. I don’t know what kind of duty holster was used by NYPD back then, but if it’s anything like some of the terrible old school duty holsters I have seen (where the gun doesn’t really come out of the holster unless you pull/twist it out exactly right), I could see myself defaulting first to the “back-up” AIWB instead of the official primary in some situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    That is very interesting. I don’t know what kind of duty holster was used by NYPD back then, but if it’s anything like some of the terrible old duty holsters I have seen (where the gun doesn’t really come out of the holster unless pull/twist it out exactly right), I could see myself defaulting first to the “back-up” AIWB instead of the official primary in some situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NYPD used the Jay-Pee holster as the uniformed duty holster for nearly a century. It uses a lip of leather to engage the back of the cylinder. You would insert your thumb between the gun and holster as you twisted. It was chosened (and kept in service) for its weapons retentions qualities vs a fast draw. In other words it did exactly what it was made to. It was a retention holster before retention holsters were cool.Given the working environment it was a good choice. Having been mentored by some old school NYPD guys, they were taught to try and see trouble coming and not to hesitate to have your gun in hand ahead of time when ever possible.

Plainclothes was a mix of pancake holsters, usually with thumb brakes, and clip on IWB often carried AIWB. The really old school guys had the Buchmier / Clark flat spring holsters some cross draw and some with the “suicide” strap.

Name:  1D321BF5-1623-4CBF-AEFA-4374578A40C2.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  5CECB266-9668-4717-B849-34F71E44C42C.jpeg
Views: 630
Size:  14.2 KB

Name:  FC5339FE-BD49-47E3-8F62-747D0E1EF66B.jpeg
Views: 779
Size:  80.6 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 06-09-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have a couple of those old Eagle Industries holsters, one for larger-frames, one for small-frames; nice for AIWB. Of course, they collapse when there is no gun inside them.

There is a D’Agostino holster on the evil bay right now, though it is not AIWB/IWB, but styled to look more like the NYPD Jay-Pee duty holster.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-11-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I have a couple of those old Eagle Industries holsters, one for larger-frames, one for small-frames; nice for AIWB. Of course, they collapse when there is no gun inside them.

There is a D’Agostino holster on the evil bay right now, though it is not AIWB/IWB, but styled to look more like the NYPD Jay-Pee duty holster.
    I almost bought that D’Agostino but it was left handed. Those NYPD duty holsters May hold the 1 st place spot for the worst Duty holster ever.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Top view of the Jay-Pee holster

Name:  28D4A6B2-80A1-4886-8BCB-EF323E3462D8.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  51.1 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 06-11-2019 at 12:53 PM.

You suck and I am jealous, especially if you got his Speed-Six.

User Tag List