Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pat Rogers Model 36 back up/off duty gun

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It was made by a guy named D’Agostino who had a shop near the NYPD Equipment section. He would custom make a lot of stuff for NYPD cops and some celebrities like Jerry Lewis. The holster carries deep AIWB to hide the gun below the equipment on Pats Duty belt. He was using dump pouches when he started in Patrol and it sat below them.
    I used a similar set up with an Eagle IWB holster worn in the front. I was using huge N frame speedloaders and mine ride hirer and was still mostly concealed behind the pouches. I also used a rigger belt instead of a traditional garrison belt under the San Brown belt.
    Is there any leather manufacturer out there that makes leather with the clip equivalent these days? I currently use a galco stow and go because it is deep but I want something with a little more form fit than the soft leather. I am not a fan of kydex, I tried it and didn't like it and sold it on ere to Chuck Haggard years ago .Right now my stow and go fits both the LCR and the 442.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Is there any leather manufacturer out there that makes leather with the clip equivalent these days? I currently use a galco stow and go because it is deep but I want something with a little more form fit than the soft leather. I am not a fan of kydex, I tried it and didn't like it and sold it on ere to Chuck Haggard years ago .Right now my stow and go fits both the LCR and the 442.
    Bell Charter Oaks makes old school deep concealment rigs for revolvers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I almost bought that D’Agostino but it was left handed. Those NYPD duty holsters May hold the 1 st place spot for the worst Duty holster ever.
    For a collectible, I reckoned that handedness would not matter.

I am a schizo-lefty/righty, being left-handed but right-armed, and actually stumbled upon the D’Agostino holster while searching for K-Frame lefty holsters, though for using, not collecting. Usually, I find the good stuff by having saved searches for Kramer, Milt Sparks, Sherrick, etc., but sometimes I will sit and explore for a while with other search terms.

I decided to carry on the right hip, during the academy in 1983/1984, as drawing the big L-Frame from the then-issued/mandated, low-slung, swiveling flap holster was more of an arm thing than a handedness thing. We usually patrolled one to a car, and access to the right hip works better while driving. A DA trigger is caveman-simple, and I was a clean slate, so, I became a mostly-righty sixgunner. That actually spared my more-skilled left hand the pounding that my right thumb, hand, and wrist endured while I was going through my .44/.41 Magnum phases, as I tended to practice mostly with the big bore as a right-hander, and J-snub more in lefty mode.

It was interesting to see the double-takes, when someone would notice I was writing or eating left-handed, while my duty holster was on my right hip.

It is nice to be able to eat and shoot at the same time. Life is good.

Nothing I have typed should be taken as an indication that I am any kind of expert or hero. I had some quite interesting moments, true, but am in awe of folks like Jim Cirillo, Bill Allard, Jelly Bryce, Pat Rogers, the LAPD Metro guys, etc., who lived on a much higher plane of adventure.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post

https://www.tedblockerholsters.com/S...ster_p_32.html

I'd give Ted Blocker a call, shoot an email, etc. and see if they can help you out.

User Tag List