Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J-frame grips

CWM11B
    They are pretty close to Spegal boot grips. I'll take a comparison pic with one of my 49s

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    All,

I'm looking for grips for my 642. I like the overall shape and texture of the Uncle Mike's Boot Grips that came on the gun, but I have medium/large hands and find I pinch the pad of my finger behind the trigger. I'd like to find something that'll give me a little more trigger reach, but not make the grip any longer. Everything I see with a covered backstop also seems to add space for the pinky.

Any suggestions? I've hunted around here but I'm not finding any threads right on point.

Best,

GN
    I'd be happy to help you fund the purchase of a set of more appropriate stocks by taking those UM boots off your hands.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Another vote for VZ. These do not cover the backstrap. They are boot grip size. These have a more aggressive pattern up front.

Name:  C37EB31F-DC6A-4C2D-BBA0-F383D5BF2345.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  81.8 KB

Are the VZs much wider than the factory rubber 642 grips? Cut for speedloaders?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Are the VZs much wider than the factory rubber 642 grips? Cut for speedloaders?
    Mine work with Safariland Comp I loaders.

CWM11B
    Hope this helps answer your question
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Hope this helps answer your question
    Thanks! How thick is the part at the bottom of the grip?

Another one you might want to check out are the Eagle Secret Service in Kirinite. I find them a little chunkier then Spegels and for some reason I kind of like the lemon yellow ones on a blued gun. Herretts also make some wood ones that cover the backstrap, but they are pretty large, hard to conceal.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Are you planning on shooting left hand only much? The asymmetrical design is my only complaint on my real deal Spegels. Just something to keep in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

They are totally unconventional and are as ugly as a mud fence, but Ergo Deltas made my pair of Js shootable instead of just tolerable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List