Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt Detective Special “Fitz Special” from 1940

Site Supporter
    DB,

Thanks for all the historical background. Interesting.

Living in the desert South West I never considered heavy gloves as a reason for the cut away trigger guard. In my uniform days (Deputy Sheriff) I only wore thin leather gloves on mid-night shifts in the winter. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    DB,

Thanks for all the historical background. Interesting.

Living in the desert South West I never considered heavy gloves as a reason for the cut away trigger guard. In my uniform days (Deputy Sheriff) I only wore thin leather gloves on mid-night shifts in the winter. (smile)

Dave
    Dave, the biggest thing I have gotten out of addictive buying of historical guns and the study and research around them is a huge amount of light bulb moments about training. I wore half finger padded knuckle gloves my whole career and when working other details, nonexistent gloves with the trigger finger cut off. I got away with this in SoCal....would not have been able to pull this off in a place with severe cold weather and combined with the bulky coats that go along with that.
    Another thing I have learned when focusing on the PreWar era is it was a time of huge transition to vehicle bound carry versus horse, and the true beginnings of large urban centers that changed a lot in regards to carry and use of firearms.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List