Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9 failures

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    You wrote that SCC only occurs at high temperature. Do you want to hang your hat on that in the case of aluminum alloys?
    Debating someone who's source is wikipedia is a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Debating someone who's source is wikipedia is a waste of time
    You overstated. If you have half the qualifications you allege then you know it also.

Now, please go away and stop bothering everyone in this thread.
    Last edited by David C.; 06-05-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am not clear on the definition of "rebuilt" weapon. As I stated, all of our small arms were surrendered literally as we deplaned in Georgia - sent to depot level maintenance for inspection-repair-rebuild. That seemed to be the norm and I assume this was to insure the weapons were to "spec" for future use. My point is that all the small arms seem to be "rebuilt" unless you get the first issue - for example, units now getting the M17s.
    Per the study:

Weapon condition
    Four percent of soldiers reported that their weapon had been re- built. This information was ascertained by asking if there were any Xs stamped next to the serial number on the weapon, indicating a rebuild.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

You overstated. If you have half the qualifications you allege then you know it also.

Now, please go away and stop bothering everyone in this thread.
    I'm not going to write a paper on stress corrosion cracking for you or anyone else on this forum. I'm not the one who needs to go to wikipedia to learn about the subject.

You can GFY for all I care.

Site Supporter
    I'm not going to write a paper on stress corrosion cracking for you or anyone else on this forum. I'm not the one who needs to go to wikipedia to learn about the subject.

Okay, Alpha Sierra-

You may not realize it, but your posts in this thread come across as pompous, superior, and not at all helpful or educational to the rest of the forum members.

Dismissing the experiences, opinions, or apparent knowledge of others without offering anything other than “I’m an expert in this area” isn’t doing anything to advance the conversation.

If you’d like to share your intimate knowledge of the gov’t contract award/mangement process, non-OEM part quality, and metallurgy - please - expound...

But I gotta tell you, right now you’re coming across more like an internet troll... And I still believe that Pistol-Forum is better than that.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 06-05-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Superb sarcasm aside, as a former field-grade Army officer, I REALLY wish that Glock had won the M17/M18 contract; in my opinion it's the best suited weapon for the military both because of it's intrinsic qualities, but almost equally because it can perform successfully in spite of indifferent and/or insufficient lubrication and maintenance, and with the proper parts kits most unit armorers can successfully (and quickly) perform most repairs and maintenance tasks previously reserved for higher echelon maintenance organizations, due to the simplicity of a Glock's detailed disassembly and reassembly.

But that's probably beating an already pulverized dead horse....

Best, Jon

I wonder if something like the P250 might be a good all purpose gun. Easy enough to shoot DAO, lightweight, and cheap to buy.

Site Supporter
    You wrote that SCC only occurs at high temperature. Do you want to hang your hat on that in the case of aluminum alloys?
    I'd like to know more....All I know about this is from API 571 stuff which predominantly concerns itself with stainless steels and carbon steels.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay, Alpha Sierra-If you’d like to share your intimate knowledge of the gov’t contract award/mangement process, non-OEM part quality, and metallurgy - please - expound...
    If Alpha Sierra could stop being an asshole, I'm interested in his experience with engineering, metallurgy, and contracts.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It's like no one reads the manuals that come with their guns. they tell you how to lubricate it, generally what to use to clean and oil it. and then stores sell items that are marked as for use with pistols, but people insist that they know better, and go to Pep Boys to get stuff made for cars. a little bottle of solvent or oil isn't that expensive, and it's made just for guns. but i guess some know more than the people that designed and built their guns, so off to the auto parts store they go.

Site Supporter

Fetching personality. Really enhances the decor.

User Tag List