Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK LEM Question

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

HK LEM Question

Anyone still running these? I have a question.

USPc .40 LEM set up as a factory “heavy”. Purchased a supply of springs to lower the pull a bit and smooth the “wall”. I ended up with the “heavy/standard” TRS, the “Enhanced Light” FPB spring and an 11lb hammer spring. This combination seems to be the best option for me.

Has anyone had issues using the 11lb hammer spring? I have a 12lb as well. The 11 seems to smooth the pull for me a bit more than the 12. I’d like to keep that if possible.

Thanks much!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I had problems with some ammo and a Wolf 10#, only run a Wolf 12# now, never had an 11# and I have never been happy with the feel of any factory hammer springs. Just me.

USP9c here.

Had Failure to ignite with Win NATO, and PPU with 10lb hammer spring. Went to the 11lb for a bit, and choose not to run on the edge, and went to the 14lb which I believe is stock weight. Have the light TRS, and light FPBS. Definite wall, but it works for me. I have about 12k through it.
    Taking a break from social media.

Not a USP, but same spring in P2000:

from this thread...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-HK-P2000-LEM

Update After 2700 Rounds

Thread update: I've fired 2720 rounds in the P2000 LEM since installing the 11 lb hammer spring. I recently started to have a few light strikes. Three of them, actually. All within the past 360 rounds.

The primers were CCI, loaded in my Dillon 650. In two instances, I was able to ignite the round with a second attempt. One round failed to fire on the second attempt with the P2000, but did fire in a CZ 75.

I'd like a little more reliability, so I will try the #12 lb hammer spring from HK Parts/Rick Holm.

No problems with the 12# spring so far, but less than 1000 rounds with it currently.

if you want reliability leave an HK an HK.....HK doesn't BETA test there firearms like many in the industry. Dicking around with different springs is foolish then when there's light primer strikes the majority of people want to blame the platform. German Engineers build there weapons to be combat guns, legendary reliability, and durability.

I you must, call Tommy Brooker (706) 568-1235 ext 1235 at HK CS, great guy and run the situation by him.

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    if you want reliability leave an HK an HK.....HK doesn't BETA test there firearms like many in the industry. Dicking around with different springs is foolish then when there's light primer strikes the majority of people want to blame the platform. German Engineers build there weapons to be combat guns, legendary reliability, and durability.

I you must, call Tommy Brooker (706) 568-1235 ext 1235 at HK CS, great guy and run the situation by him.
    Totally concur. Tommy and Ryan at HK are superb to deal with. Toosixy at the HKpro forum has a spring chart which is extremely useful as well. Fairly recently here on p-f we had a very good thread on LEM and springing as well; worth looking up.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post

Well, here’s a thought. HK makes guns to be as reliable as possible with most any brass cases ammo out there. But I’m not shooting any ammo. I need the gun to be reliable with the ammo I shoot, AND be a workable trigger for high volume shooting AND high volume dryfire. Getting tendinitis from dryfire practice doesn’t help me get get proficient.
    Ultimately I want a reliable gun that I can make reliable hits with, and have to find an acceptable balance there.

A 14 pound DA pull hurts the shooter performance reliability too much to be acceptable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Totally concur. Tommy and Ryan at HK are superb to deal with. Toosixy at the HKpro forum has a spring chart which is extremely useful as well. Fairly recently here on p-f we had a very good thread on LEM and springing as well; worth looking up.

Best, Jon
    Yes, I concur. I sent a VP9 for it's 65,000 round inspection & installation of sights, Of course, no issues and spoke to Tommy Brooker and Ryan Waldorf, excellent, professional and same day turnaround. Amazing CS @ HK.

I have a used USP9 I purchased from a well known ammo company that they used as a "test" pistol for there manufacturing process. Well documented round count when i bought it had it at 477,000 rounds. I bought the pistol only because the record keeping on this pistol was fascinating & meticulous what they said about it the USP. Absolutely no maintenance issues except changed RSA every 25,000 rounds.

Sent it to HK when I received it, No problems. I have another 19,125 through it so it's approaching 500,000 rounds. USP's are bombproof with legendary durability, reliability with the dual recoil spring. Frame gets absolutely no battering at all. I just shake my head when I see all these people want to put in aftermarket parts in HK's. They have no idea what cyclic rates with slides and so forth that was engineered into these guns. Don't mess with them. Just shoot them

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Well, here’s a thought. HK makes guns to be as reliable as possible with most any brass cases ammo out there. But I’m not shooting any ammo. I need the gun to be reliable with the ammo I shoot, AND be a workable trigger for high volume shooting AND high volume dryfire. Getting tendinitis from dryfire practice doesn’t help me get get proficient.
    Ultimately I want a reliable gun that I can make reliable hits with, and have to find an acceptable balance there.

A 14 pound DA pull hurts the shooter performance reliability too much to be acceptable for me.
    The DA press is a training issue, not a gun issue. Then perhaps you need another platform. It's not the gun, it's the shooter. I have tennis elbow in both elbows because of high dry fire and considerable round counts. I get cortisone shots to solve the issue every 6 months. The HK reliability is there. Try a VP9 then.

Name:  zCQ9.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  59.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CCT125US; 06-14-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List