Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

Anyone here still running Gen.4 Glock 19’s?

Haven’t been on here much the past year. Seems like many threads of “traded all my gen. 4’s for Gen.5.

Anyone still running a Gen.4 and hitting high round counts without issue? I don’t get to shoot anywhere near as much as I’d like and only have 4300 rounds through my 2013 made G19.4. Still waiting for BTF and no malfunctions with factory mags. It is my carry gun.

Also have a 2009 made Gen.3 19 with 4700 rounds— no issues either. Lots of reports of bad 3’s from that time as well.

I have a gray frame Gen4 19 set up the same as my issued Gen4 23. Due to large size hands I use the thickest of the back straps. The only allowed sight mods for the work gun are the HiViz H3 night sights, so that's what's on my 19 as well. No other mods. I am thoroughly enjoying the HiViz and they've become some of my favorite sights. I've shot the 19 in IDPA, a few classes as well as some square range practice and I'd guess its round count is 6-7k. No issues with either the 19 or 23.

I bought a Gen5 19 when they first came out. There was enough difference in the size of the slide release or at least how far it sticks out from the frame that I kept locking the slide open in mid-string. I traded it off and haven't looked back.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I bought a G19.4 from someone here about 2 years ago and it has been carried for most of the time since then. Forgot the round count but it’s in the 8,000-10,000rd mark by now. It has given me more problems than I should tolerate, considering it has an Apex extractor in it as it is.

Yes I still own two and use one as my primary carry. Gen 5 is attractive but things are working well for me that I don't see the need to switch.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I prefer the Gen 4 Glocks actually. The ability to use NY1 triggers in them is a major plus for me.

I’ve yet to “trade up” to a Gen 5. If I were, I’d do my 34 long before my 19.

I am, but it’s heavily modified. Had I not messed with it, I would have replaced it with a 5 by now because removing the finger grooves made a noticeable difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17,000 through mine. No issues yet. I have replaced the recoil spring twice since it’s my EDC.

All of my Glocks are Gen 4's with exception of whatever my 43 is. I have had 0 issues that were not ammo related and those were my reloads that were not hot enough to cause ejection.

For those weird times in Concealed Carry World when I can't get the "just right" level of grip concealment AIWB due to clothing requirements, I turn to my 19.4.

Would I swap it out for a 19.5? Nope, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy a 19.5! I've decided that 9mm Glocks have a forever home when I buy them.

I must say that the removal of the finger grooves on the 19.5 resulted in a VERY noticeable difference in feel for me and, while I do not take notice dry firing, I am not sure if the front mag cut will be an issue or not.

User Tag List