Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 5-shot gun again

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Was the fellow old or inexperienced?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't know that that's an "or" question, but he was early 50's. I didn't ask if he'd been around guns his whole life, but if I have to guess he'll say something like he's been around guns his whole life.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I’m not wanting to start a striker fired gun is bad debate.

I’ve had a suspicion that as the sfg users age and get more fumble fingered, more easily distracted etc, unintentional discharges will increase.

I know of an older (I think in his late 50’s at the time) police department firearms instructor that shot himself in the hand trying to disassemble a glock.

As I have gotten closer to 60, I have found my finger on the trigger of sfg when I should not have a finger on the trigger. One of a couple of reasons I no longer carry sfg.

This is why I asked the question and I know my suspicion may have nothing to do with the incident bb advised. I was simply curious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post

I know of an older (I think in his late 50’s at the time) police department firearms instructor that shot himself in the hand trying to disassemble a glock.

While I agree with you in general. This particular issue is almost always a product of reversing the clearing process due to not really understanding the cycle of operation.

Many of the LE firearms instructors I know and work with only know what they use at work. If your FI in this example spent most of his career with revolvers I can easily see a reversal of the clearing process occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The ejecto-catch is literally the coolest thing in the world. [emoji6]
    Next to the banana hammock.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’ve always looked at small revolvers as risk assessment and pocket carry guns. Life is about risk assessment and it’s part of what we do on a daily basis, from driving fast, powering through a yellow light or calculating the need for heavy artillery when we leave the house.

Nothing carries like a revolver in a pocket. There are always trade-offs in risk assessment, and the odds of an outlier is definitely not 0.

Revolvers are a great tool for those who don’t train and maintain their gun. Chances are it will work fine 10 years after being stuffed in the sock drawer. Small revolvers are also very hard to disarm and I’ve deliberately selected them working undercover at bad breath ranges, and been glad I did.

I’d much rather see someone drop an airweight in their pocket than leave a G19 at home.

For me now, I rarely pocket carry anymore. The new small semiautos like the G42/43 and Walther PPSM2 have definitely cut into small revolver popularity. I’ve personally moved to the G42 and Walther PPSM2 for my baby guns, but a small revolver still punches well above it’s weight.
    Name:  09464730-3074-41CF-9F6C-BC112FA72CE9.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  24.5 KB

User Tag List