Thread: Shooter Kills Four, Injures Five in Australia

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Shooter Kills Four, Injures Five in Australia

From BBC News:

A gunman shot dead four people and injured another at five different locations in the northern Australian city of Darwin, officials said.

The 45-year-old suspect, who was known to the police, was arrested an hour after the first shots were reported at about 18:00 local time (08:30 GMT).

Police said they believed the man had acted alone. The crime scenes reportedly included a motel and a bar.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the shooting was not terror-related.

The alleged gunman, who had been on parole since January, was wearing an electronic tag, Northern Territory Police Commissioner Reece Kershaw said.

"We're still trying to establish the intent and motivation behind this," he told journalists.

The gunman was reportedly carrying a pump action shotgun, and up to 20 gunshots were heard.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

So, let me get this straight..This person who is a ex-con, and wearing what I assume to be an ankle bracelet (electronic tag) somehow manages to get ahold of a pump shotgun and kills 4 people and wounds 5 others..Someone explain to me exactly how well did the Aussie gov't's gun control scheme's work here..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-04-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Fake news. Australia has strict gun laws, making this an impossible activity.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    So, let me get this straight..This person who is a ex-con, and wearing what I assume to be an ankle bracelet (electronic tag) somehow manages to get ahold of a pump shotgun and kills 4 people and wounds 5 others..Someone explain to me exactly how well did the Aussie gov't's gun control scheme's work here..
    Well, you can be sure at least one person is sitting there thinking, "Now we can confiscate all the guns."
    Every.Single.One.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Well, you can be sure at least one person is sitting there thinking, "Now we can confiscate all the guns."
    Every.Single.One.
    Oh, without a doubt that's next.. This is just what a gun grabbing poltician has wet dreams about..

User Tag List