Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia members - Governor Northam pushing gun control NOW

Virginia members - Governor Northam pushing gun control NOW

Please join the VCDL ASAP. The VCDL is an extremely effective state level gun rights organization.

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/06/04/gov...cter-gun-laws/

Four days after a gunman opened fire and killed 12 people at a Virginia Beach government building, Gov. Ralph Northam on Tuesday called for a special General Assembly session on gun laws.

Northam told the Associated Press on Tuesday that he wants the Republican-controlled General Assembly to hear from the public about the need for “common-sense” laws related to guns and accessories.
    He plans to convene a special legislative session later this summer.

The AP says Northam wants lawmakers to vote on items such as mandating universal background checks before gun purchases, limiting purchases to one handgun per month and a so-called red flag bill that would allow authorities to temporarily seize someone’s guns if they are a shown to be threat to themselves or others
    #RESIST

It is galling that he is still in office after the blackface and infanticide scandals. Nevertheless, it appears he needs to be reminded he is the servant, not the master.

Good reminder that I need to renew my membership!

Wants to ban assault weapons and suppressors. He also wants to (double) ban bumpstocks.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    My understanding is that the guns were purchased legally years ago, and if there were any warning signs, no one has figured it out yet. So none of what is being proposed would have prevented what happened in VA Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My understanding is that the guns were purchased legally years ago, and if there were any warning signs, no one has figured it out yet. So none of what is being proposed would have prevented what happened in VA Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of that matters to the gun grabbers.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Also, if you are in the 24th district of Virginia there is a primary election next week where Emmet Hanger, a guy who has screwed us over on gun legislation time and time again, is facing a primary challenge from Tina Frietas, wife of Nick Frietas. Solid on the 2nd amendment and has the VCDL endorsement.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    We need to find a way to up membership in the VCDL. I wonder how much it would hurt business for ranges and gun shows to require patrons have a membership? I know that’s a bit heavy handed. We definitely need to get the word out that the VCDL, not the NRA, is the only organization that has a chance of protecting our rights at the state level here in Virginia.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    None of that matters to the gun grabbers.
    Of course not. I am hoping it does matter to people who are not solidly in either camp, but simply want to see their loved ones go to school and work with some likelihood of returning safely at the end of the day. They are the ones who can potentially be persuaded that more gun control fails to achieve that goal.

Just so we are clear, Governor Northam wants to ban legally owned and purchased suppressors. Illegal ones are still...illegal.

Edit: a hoax picture of a homemade suppressor found in CA is circulating the net and being purported to be the one used in VA Beach.
    #RESIST

User Tag List