Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The only factory S&W Fitz Revolver

That's beautiful.

I need to find my Fitz trigger guard for my Redhawk. I never got around to getting a new hammer

Beautiful piece with a fantastic pedigree.

Congrats!

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It has one cylinder that times a hair off that is an issue . . .
    That must account for the "9", huh? <GRIN>

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does the timing being slightly off on one cylinder cause any major issues?
    Yea, it doesn’t quite lock right on that cylinder and will throw you off a little when you are just trying to work smooth straight through presses.

This gun has had a ton of rounds shot through it, including very high velocity stuff. At this point it is just going to be preserved as a historical investment piece.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Fascinating, thanks for sharing!

A Fitz Special something showed up at a local gun show a couple years ago, it looked like it had been black cerakoted, and the only marking on it was a Broad Arrow, which was intriguing...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Yea, it doesn’t quite lock right on that cylinder and will throw you off a little when you are just trying to work smooth straight through presses.

This gun has had a ton of rounds shot through it, including very high velocity stuff. At this point it is just going to be preserved as a historical investment piece.

Interesting. I was asking because I have a Security Six that seems to be off a little on one chamber. I’m not sure if I want to get it fixed or sell it at full disclosure to fund an SP-101.

In any case, thank you for sharing this with us. That revolver just looks fun, and with its history, is all the more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Fascinating, thanks for sharing!

A Fitz Special something showed up at a local gun show a couple years ago, it looked like it had been black cerakoted, and the only marking on it was a Broad Arrow, which was intriguing...
    There's a hell of a hard-boiled novel waiting to be written about that piece.

Dagga--NICE! I wanna shoot that sucker bad.

We have some serious juxtapositional irony in the revolver forum at the moment.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Having this gun and understanding what Nichols was talking about in the trigger has been enlightening. There is not a bit of stacking or anything in that long action trigger to hint as to when it is going bang. The trigger is amazing. Here is a Test...6 rounds in 6 seconds at 10 yards and a HiTS Snub Super Test. It has one cylinder that times a hair off that is an issue, but I have been amazed at how this gun shoots for its age and history.
    Any hints in the book as to how the trigger job was done, or who did it? I'd really hate to think that secret died with a gunsmith at S&W.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    No question that is a piece of revolver history, and a rare one at that. Kudos to the OP!

But...I have a question since there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the cut-off trigger guard of the Fitz guns. I've been shooting DA revolvers since I went to the police academy in the summer of '73. I have large hands but I've never once caught my index/trigger finger on the front bow of the trigger guard. Someone please explain the utility of this rather radical alteration to DA revolvers?

Dave

User Tag List