Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Typhus in Los Angeles

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Just so it bypasses El Segundo and I can get home after my trip...I’m ok with it.

Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Hopefully, someone will have the common sense to quarantine the whole city befor it gets that far....nothing, no flights traffic, shipping in, or out.You'll probably have to call the military in to enforce it, and declare Marshall Law until it's over. Then, you have other problems..think of all the illegals who will make a beeline for the Mexican border, how many of them will be infected? Wanna bet Mexico gets tough on border security then?
    That would probably be just what we would need to tank the US economy, plus I'm not even sure it's effectively possible to quarantine a city that big without getting out the jack boots.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That would probably be just what we would need to tank the US economy, plus I'm not even sure it's effectively possible to quarantine a city that big without getting out the jack boots.
    Then get the jack boots out..you either make an effort to contain it, or let it run wild across the country.. that's the choice you'll have.. it sucks, but it's either L.A. or the rest of the country..

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Never really thought about this before, but the geography of SoCal makes it so there are a limited number of roads in and out of the greater LA area. Maybe a dozen or so that actually get you out, and fewer than that that can handle any kind of volume. Airports are government controlled, there aren't that many boats.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Never really thought about this before, but the geography of SoCal makes it so there are a limited number of roads in and out of the greater LA area. Maybe a dozen or so that actually get you out, and fewer than that that can handle any kind of volume. Airports are government controlled, there aren't that many boats.

I can't be the only one who's mind went there.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Unfortunately, a staggering proportion of everything that gets imported to the west coast goes through Port of LA and Port of Long Beach. And the homeless tent city on the LA river next to I-710 was getting out of hand when I left several years ago.
    This. Last year 17.5 million containers (TEUs) went through the combined port of LA/Long Beach; I think that is about half of all US port traffic.

The homeless locations keep getting moved around but they are still growing overall, I think.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    One would've thought it would have decimated San Fran first...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    One would've thought it would have decimated San Fran first...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I have no doubt it will. To make matters worse they have occupied SFO and the other night I saw one pushing her shopping cart down my street. I live 20 miles from the city.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I have no doubt it will. To make matters worse they have occupied SFO and the other night I saw one pushing her shopping cart down my street. I live 20 miles from the city.
    Time to move to CO and join the Resistance here.

User Tag List