Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer for the Ford vs Ferrari movie!

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    The gt40 was so great they had to change the rules to stop them.
    Enzo truly poked the bear when he screwed Henry.

After the 1966 sweep of Lemans by the GT-40s and the 1967 domination by the GT-40 Mk IV (a 100% Ford-built car), Gulf Oil took over and still won the 1968 Lemans by a hair over Porsche. I believe that is when the displacement limit became 5 liters and the old 427 was ruled out.

Did you know there was a rematch of the famous Lemans sweep of the 1966 Lemans 50 years later? This time they were a few classes down but it was still a rematch;

https://performance.ford.com/series/...le-mans--.html

Great auto racing history for sure!

I am absolutelt in gor this flick.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    “Next year Ferrari’s ass is mine” Carroll Shelby was cool.

One of my best memories is Carroll Shelby looking at my mustang at a Shelby car show in Dallas.

The gt40 was so great they had to change the rules to stop them.

Matt Damon is too short to be Carroll Shelby.

Gonna see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT40

The Mk.I was the original Ford GT40. Early prototypes were powered by 4.2 L (255 cu in) alloy V8 engines [15] and production models were powered by 289 cu in (4.7 L) engines as used in the Ford Mustang. Five prototype models were built with roadster bodywork, including the Ford X-1.[1] Two lightweight cars (of a planned five) were built by Alan Mann Racing in 1966, with light alloy bodies and other weight-saving modifications.

The Mk.I met with little success in its initial tune for the 1964 and 1965 Le Mans races. The first success came after their demise at the Nassau Speed Weekend Nov 1964 when the racing was handed over to Carrol Shelby. Shelby's team modified the Ford GT40 and the first win at Daytona February 1965 was achieved. Much was later modified and run by John Wyer in 1968 and 1969, winning Le Mans in both those years and Sebring in 1969. The Mk.II and IV were both obsolete after the FIA had changed the rules to ban unlimited capacity engines, ruling out the 7.0 L (427 cu in) Ford V8. However, the Mk.I, with its smaller engine, was legally able to race.

IMO banning unlimited capacity engines was a very logical move, long-awaited...
    Last edited by TiroFijo; 06-03-2019 at 11:12 AM.

That opening shot is amazing...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

The small block versions just didn't have the grunt to compete when the 427 was legal. A big part of the success with the 427 was low RPM torque that didn't require as much downshifting as the high-strung Ferrari engines.

After the 1966 defeat, Enzo needled Henry that the GT-40 Mk II was not a Ford, just a Lola that used a Ford engine. The GT-40 Mk IV that debuted in 1967 addressed that as a true Ford-built car.

Anyone read about this?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...und-in-garage/
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 06-03-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Several years ago I had the opportunity to check out Jack Roush's personal shop and car collection. He had two of the original GT-40 cars in his collection and what an amazing car to see up close. Down the street in his main facility, the engine shop was working on the production engines for the first generation Ford GT's. It was cool to see the engines getting assembled and tested in the dyno modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    A movie with all my heroes and about my favorite cars, I'm in!

OK, if any Ford Cobra/GT40 enthusiast is in Las Vegas and wants to be picked up in a Ford GT for lunch at Chick-Fil-A, let me know. My treat.

Is there a time limit on this....?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Is there a time limit on this....?

Good as long as I have my GT. Working on getting my Cobra finished up...so next year you may have a choice.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Good as long as I have my GT. Working on getting my Cobra finished up...so next year you may have a choice.
    Dude....

#PicsOrLies
    #RESIST

User Tag List