Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel better about Superbowl security

I feel better about Superbowl security

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It's a proven concept, I don't understand the snide.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Watching the short clip, I was sure for a moment he was going to take the bike down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's a proven concept, I don't understand the snide.
    With the Superbowl in Miami and POTUS in WPB, there's an LEO behind every palm tree in between, to say nothing of the CT assets in place. Maybe MDPD SRT can utilize the bikes regularly, but justifying a few of them to provide additional security at what has to be the most secure place in the US today, is, IMO, bullshit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

What does POTUS in West Palm Beach, and any security/LE assets in place there, have to do with cops in Miami resourcing an NSSE appropriately for moving quickly across a stadium to respond to a threat?

They're 70 miles apart.

In general, I am in favor of LE trying new strategies and tools. Three motorcycles would appear to be a pilot program; that makes sense when bringing in new tools and methodologies. I cannot imagine the expense is too much between the bikes, the necessary LE add-ons, the training, the personal equipment, and the new procedures required. All in all, I have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    In general, I am in favor of LE trying new strategies and tools. Three motorcycles would appear to be a pilot program; that makes sense when bringing in new tools and methodologies. I cannot imagine the expense is too much between the bikes, the necessary LE add-ons, the training, the personal equipment, and the new procedures required. All in all, I have no issues.
    Especially when it's a proven concept in many other countries.

I'd be surprised if they were not consulting CTSFO from the Met about this startup, or a plethora of other similar programs elsewhere.

I remember when my ST1100 was the choice of many European police agencies. (It was called the Pan Euro over there.)

(Of course it wasn't the best off-road choice, though mine has been through a few "rougher" patches.)

I get Hambo's point but having them available lends a bit more capability to an already very capable system.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Being a motorcyclist, my only thought is I wonder if they t&e’d anything smaller and more off-road worthy than the midsized beemers.

But, an upright riding position and longer travel suspension and ground clearance make those bikes more capable in an urban environment than the cruisers and sport tourers that are popular police bikes. Being taller gets you more situational awareness, and the ability to more easily negotiate curbs and other obstacles give you route options that a lot of vehicles don’t have.

Iirc there are some west coast departments that have been using regular 650 dual sports, and the Zero motorcycles electric dual sport with success for a while.

ETA: the only real downside is that they may be too tall for officers with a short inseam.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I remember when my ST1100 was the choice of many European police agencies.
    And medical also, split the traffic and render aid while the helicopter is in route.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List