Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR battery life

RMR battery life

Just curious what you'all are getting. My type 1 3.25 RMR just greeted me with a dead battery. Duracell, installed 11.13.18. This is one of my carry Glocks so it doesn't get shot a lot, just over 300 rounds on this battery. Can't say what intensity it was on, but I generally keep mine brighter. Seems like a bit less than what's expected.

Glad I have irons on this one. And many more Glocks, with and without RDS.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

RMR battery life

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Just curious what you'all are getting. My type 1 3.25 RMR just greeted me with a dead battery. Duracell, installed 11.13.18. This is one of my carry Glocks so it doesn't get shot a lot, just over 300 rounds on this battery. Can't say what intensity it was on, but I generally keep mine brighter. Seems like a bit less than what's expected.

Glad I have irons on this one. And many more Glocks, with and without RDS.
    On self adjust, about two years (average since 2011)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 06-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    On self adjust, about two years (average since 2011)

Similar experience here.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So, I have three RMRs and yet no idea how they work. This unit is RM06, as I had mentioned, type 1. What's self adjust on these? Two of my type 1s, the 06 and 07, stay on the same intensity level as I had left them, which is why I prefer those actually. My type 2 07 changes to auto adjusting the intensity after it stays dormant for a bit.

What's self adjust on type 1 RM06/07?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    So, I have three RMRs and yet no idea how they work. This unit is RM06, as I had mentioned, type 1. What's self adjust on these? Two of my type 1s, the 06 and 07, stay on the same intensity level as I had left them, which is why I prefer those actually. My type 2 07 changes to auto adjusting the intensity after it stays dormant for a bit.

What's self adjust on type 1 RM06/07?
    I think you just hit the +and - at the same time. Go from a super bright room to a dark room and see if the intensity changes after you do that

GJM came through with emergent crash course on RMR. Hitting + and - at the same time seems to turn it off, then one touch of a button puts it on auto, and any further adjustments put it manual. At least, what it seems to me.

So, a more interesting than "YVK's battery died in 6 months" question is how people run theirs. I have preferred manual option since I am not a huge fan of auto, based on my type 2 experience. I do run it a bit high since a washout is worse than extra bloom. Maybe that's why my battery died so soon.

Another question, asked by GJM, is what to expect from ACRO since apparently it is all manual.

I have been around dozens of RMR06's and have never seen less than 1 year of battery life; typically 2-3 years, and a few went nearly 5 years--especially if the dot is turned off when not in use.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I have 2 adjustable RMRs a type 1 and a type 2. I turn both off when not using them. The type 1's battery is over 2 years old. I have a non-adjustable type 2 6.5 (left on all the time) that's been on the same battery for a year and half so far.
    Real guns have hammers.

n=2

RMR06 Type 1
    RMR07 Type 2

Never gotten less than a year from each, but change batteries then anyway.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

RMR 06 type 1. Easily a year. Never pushed it past that. Summer ritual to swap all batteries. I took the last one to a watch repair place and they put it on their tester doohickey. Tested as “green” after a year as my EDC. I’ll put the next one on a volt meter and see what it registers.

User Tag List