Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick Fil A rocks

Chick Fil A rocks

My son has worked for chic fillet for three years. He’s home for summer break and he continues his employment He was volunteered to work the Corporate food truck for the States Special Olympics. Prior to this Special Olympics had served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He told me they served 2700+ sandwiches and his job was toasting the buns. All of this occured over an aprox 4-4.5 hour time period. Chic Fillet provided this as a community service no charge to the athletes and their families.
    Obviously I am super proud of him but also continue to be awed by Chic Filet as a company.
    If you have a young man or woman in your family and a Chic Fillet is available I highly recommend them as an employeer.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

The left would prefer McDonalds over delicious Hate Chicken.
    #RESIST

Half my wife’s family works for CFA in some capacity or another. They treat their people well and it’s a good place to work. MiL keeps trying to recruit me...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Chic Fillet
    "Chick-Fil-A." I don't think they're very chic at all.

Their food is pretty good. Their service, their outreach to the community and their camps are incredible.

I've lost count of the times that someone from CFA has shown up at a major scene or manhunt and dropped off a huge bag of food and rolled off with nary a word about getting paid.

One memory sticks out though. It was a horrible, horrible, horrible day. One officer was dead with another wounded and a suspect on the run. I pulled up to a local CFA a few minutes after closing and knocked on the door. They let me inside. I asked if they had anything left over that hadn't been thrown away yet.

The TEENAGERS knowing what was up fired everything back up and cooked a fresh meal for me. I was not allowed to pay.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My company does work at their corporate HQ. They have a cafeteria there that the contractors are invited to come eat in at no charge. They ask.

In contrast I also do work at a major law firm in downtown Atlanta that has their own cafeteria. We are not allowed to eat there, even though we're paying for the food. We're not allowed to set foot in there at all unless we're actually working.

The CFA folks are good people from the top down.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

We went to the CFA near us for the first time in a long time. I've never seen or interacted with a HAPPIER bunch of fast food employees. This in an area with a bunch of other fast food joints (and not so fast food), where the staffing at them is just down right miserable, uninterested, and in some cases hostile to your presence.
    I ordered my sandwich, and indicated I wanted the CFA sauce... a lot of them. As he put 5 in the bucket, I gave him a big "aw yea!" grin and he had a bright face look of "I got you, fam" going on. Any place else it'd be like you were robbing them of their first born for an extra packet of BBQ sauce (i'm looking at you, McDonald's.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I've lost count of the times that someone from CFA has shown up at a major scene or manhunt and dropped off a huge bag of food and rolled off with nary a word about getting paid.

One memory sticks out though. It was a horrible, horrible, horrible day. One officer was dead with another wounded and a suspect on the run. I pulled up to a local CFA a few minutes after closing and knocked on the door. They let me inside. I asked if they had anything left over that hadn't been thrown away yet.

The TEENAGERS knowing what was up fired everything back up and cooked a fresh meal for me. I was not allowed to pay.
    Initially I thought you may have been speaking of Americus on 12/07/17 but then realized we didn't have a CFA at the time.
    CFA is known for feeding and helping in time of need. They don't just talk the talk they walk the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Initially I thought you may have been speaking of Americus on 12/07/17 but then realized we didn't have a CFA at the time.
    CFA is known for feeding and helping in time of need. They don't just talk the talk they walk the walk.
    22 March 2011: Athens, GA.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List