Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Dude making open carriers look bad

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've personally worked cases where it's happened or been attempted. One was a female open carrying as the passenger on a motorcycle stopped at a red light. I can think of five cases that came through our office in the six years I was there off the top of my head.

We had a pursuit that ended up in hillbilly land and the Cleatii had to come out and "help". One was a kid wearing a fucking belly band over his t-shirt with what I think was a Taurus TCP in it. "Help".
    I am laughing as I read the description of the .380 in the belly band outside the T-shirt!

Those numbers need to be made known to those who argue that open carry is a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    Yeah, I saw one of those about a week and a half ago at a game store of all places. Dude was playing Warhammer or some variant thereof, and every time he leaned forward over the table, he went from "there might be something there" to "yup, not 100% sure whether it's a 19X or a 17, but that's a Glock for sure." Just goes to show how oblivious people can be, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who noticed it, and there were tons of people there, as there were two separate game tournaments going on.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Those numbers need to be made known to those who argue that open carry is a deterrent.
    They don't care.

It may be a deterrent to some. It's an enticement to others. Unfortunately, those "others" tend to be the more dangerous.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Just goes to show how oblivious people can be, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who noticed it, and there were tons of people there, as there were two separate game tournaments going on.
    What was your reaction?

What do you expect other's reaction to be so that you know they noticed?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Yeah, I saw one of those about a week and a half ago at a game store of all places. Dude was playing Warhammer or some variant thereof, and every time he leaned forward over the table, he went from "there might be something there" to "yup, not 100% sure whether it's a 19X or a 17, but that's a Glock for sure." Just goes to show how oblivious people can be, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who noticed it, and there were tons of people there, as there were two separate game tournaments going on.
    Reminds me of that guy who went around doing rap squats around players with plumber's crack at a Magic tournament and got banned for it.

Then his ban expired and I think he promptly went it did it again.

Those of you who don't know what I'm talking about can search for 'Richmond Grand Prix Crackstyle' but don't do it at work.

What was your reaction?
    Mostly internal eye-roll.

What do you expect other's reaction to be so that you know they noticed?
    Given how much of the MTG-playing community consists of far left blue voters, I kind of figure that if it had been noticed, there would have been some sort of reaction from somebody beyond the nothing that I noticed. Freak out, ask the store manager to make the person leave, etc. Maybe I'm just used to hearing so many intolerant political diatribes from that group of people that my expectations are off from reality?

Banned
    I've personally worked cases where it's happened or been attempted. One was a female open carrying as the passenger on a motorcycle stopped at a red light.
    What?

Did the thief just run up to the motorcycle, grab the gun and run away?

Banned
    I've told the story of the two guys that tried to rob me while I was open carrying.

I've also had some random kid threaten to knock me on my ass and take my gun because I didn't respond when he asked me what kind of gun I was carrying.

I walked into a convenience store at work one night and had some random street rat begin following me around the store immediately. I don't know that his intent was to snatch my gun but I can't come up with another explanation.

I was standing in line at a 7-11 waiting for a gas receipt one afternoon when some Methhead walked through the door and immediately began screaming "I'm security around here motherfucker!!!!" at me.

I don't know if the security uniform automatically made them think I was a doof or that I wouldn't retaliate if attacked or maybe they assumed that because I was a security guard my gun wasn't loaded but it was enough to convince me that open carry isn't nearly the deterrent some people think it is.

There was also the idiot who would find me everytime he came on my site and make some stupid comment about "Better watch out, here comes the guard. He's got a gun and he'll shoot you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    What?

Did the thief just run up to the motorcycle, grab the gun and run away?
    In a nutshell, yes, but it was a forward cant holster and the gun didn't come out due to the angle they tried to jerk it out at. 3 males approached the bike at a red light, from behind tried to "sneak thief" the gun, the passenger noticed the hand on her gun and was able to trap it and dismount. They were not particularly dedicated to the cause and fled. She fired shots at them, illegally, with an apartment building as her backstop. The prosecutor came pretty close to filing on her but I convinced them to not to, she was foolish but not malicious. The suspects were not caught.

User Tag List