Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dude making open carriers look bad

Site Supporter
    About the only safe place for a civilian to be holding a gun during an active shooter event would be in a toilet stall with the door closed. If the dork with the big hat, beard, and lever rifle gets shot by a cop at an active shooter event, nobody will give a damn. Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    About the cowboy hat and 1911s. Took a class from a touted somebody who came to teach with a shining, chrome 1911 with skull grips. Blew off the class an hour earlier. Didn't do what he said we would do and I had bought the special stuff for the class. Bah.

Was in Cabela's. I stop there when going back and forth from Austin. A TX Ranger came in and was browsing at the counter. Well, the good ol' boys started flock around him like teenagers to a naked Brittany Spears. One guy actually bent over and stuck his face with his nose about an inch from a chromed 1911.

Reminds me of a discussion on another forum, I'm involved with. In the endless discussion of what you as a civilian should do during an active shooter incident, it was pointed out that if you charge around with a gun out, you might take friendly fire from the law or other legal carriers. Guy said that he was ex-law and he wears a cowboy hat and has a beard midway down his chest. His truck gun is a lever action. He felt that was sufficient to identify him as a good guy to the law and others in the ongoing rampage. He was dissuaded of that but left in a hissy fit.
    Man, you are consistently surrounded by retards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That is a politically incorrect characterization of some of the special folks in the gun world. You should be ashamed of yourself. Vivid instances of some of the folks I've seen over decades of gun fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Yes, it haints me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Maybe he ought to see a doctor to have his Retard Magnet removed or deactivated.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Maybe he ought to see a doctor to have his Retard Magnet removed or deactivated.
    You can't. It's like making something fool proof. Somebody takes it as a challenge and builds a better fool. I happen to know the neighborhood they test prototypes in.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You can't. It's like making something fool proof. Somebody takes it as a challenge and builds a better fool. I happen to know the neighborhood they test prototypes in.
    And then promptly sends them down to Florida for release.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Guns are VERY aggressive accessories

Openly carried guns are a lot like skimpy bathing suits. Just as one rarely sees an openly carried N framed S&W or custom 1911 or Python or other nice gat, one rarely sees someone in a revealing bathing suit that looks good in a revealing bathing.

It's solid People of Walmart in both cases.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Seen at the local auto parts store.
    Attachment 40297
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List