Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dude making open carriers look bad

Site Supporter
    Saw a guy with a Glock in a good holster. Wearing jeans and a polo shirt. Turned around in line at the burger joint and there were handicuffs. The law! Same in the take out line in the French Bistro. Guy with a Glock in a good holster, two mags on the other side. Pants looked like the 'nice' tactical line. Turned around and saw his shirt - the law! Set of nicely dressed middle aged women doing lunch in an upscale lunch dive. All wearing Glocks. Well, there gold shields on all their belts.

Looks like a good holster is an indication of the law and also neatly dressed.

I really like the magazine carrier / handcuff carrier combo the detectives have here. For some reason that just strikes me as a tiny bit of perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Saw a guy with a Glock in a good holster. Wearing jeans and a polo shirt. Turned around in line at the burger joint and there were handicuffs. The law! Same in the take out line in the French Bistro. Guy with a Glock in a good holster, two mags on the other side. Pants looked like the 'nice' tactical line. Turned around and saw his shirt - the law! Set of nicely dressed middle aged women doing lunch in an upscale lunch dive. All wearing Glocks. Well, there gold shields on all their belts.

Looks like a good holster is an indication of the law and also neatly dressed.
    I wonder if open carry with a crappy holster is sign of someone who doesn't know better. I would think law enforcement would carry in better holsters because they need retention, want to look professional, need a holster that will stand up to daily use and open carry is their only option. I think most who open carry in a cheap holster are new, don't know any better, think $20 is a lot for a nice holster. I think the longer you carry the more you realize nice gear makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I wonder if open carry with a crappy holster is sign of someone who doesn't know better. I would think law enforcement would carry in better holsters because they need retention, want to look professional, need a holster that will stand up to daily use and open carry is their only option. I think most who open carry in a cheap holster are new, don't know any better, think $20 is a lot for a nice holster. I think the longer you carry the more you realize nice gear makes a difference

At my new job, I watch LEOs of all stripes secure their weapons as they enter the courthouse. Consequently,, I observed many carry rigs every day.

You're wrong.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    At my new job, I watch LEOs of all stripes secure their weapons as they enter the courthouse. Consequently,, I observed many carry rigs every day.

You're wrong.
    The only thing cheaper than a cop is two cops. I saw a lot of cheap thermo- plastic and Serpa stuff on plain clothes guys.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I wonder if open carry with a crappy holster is sign of someone who doesn't know better.
    How could it be anything else?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    How could it be anything else?
    There are those who have been shown the way, but just DGAF.

Chris

www.peopleofwalmart.com

This gem of a site might already have pics of a fat OCer in assless chaps.

I’m afraid to look.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Wake me when someone posts "Dude making Open Carriers look good"...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The only thing cheaper than a cop is two cops. I saw a lot of cheap thermo- plastic and Serpa stuff on plain clothes guys.

Seen more than one "special" agent take his holstered pistol out of his briefcase and return it to same when leaving. Saw two of them argue over which Glock belonged to whom. "This one's yours." "No, I put mine in that box." "No you didn't." I looked at one and said, "Yours is the black one."

Seen more than one LEO in jeans and a t-shirt, with said t-shirt so tightly stretched over their weapon you could read the serial number. One of the local LEOs on the Marshals Taskforce wears his thigh holster flopping down around his knee and obviously thinks he's a pipe hitting snake eater because of it.

I've only seen two feds come through the hallowed halls of justice, who seem squared away with their gun handling. One is an ATF agent I worked with a few times when I was on SWAT, back in the bronze age. I'd go through a door with that man any time. The other is a female FBI agent. At least as best I can tell, since I'm constantly distracted by the way she fills out her 5.11s.

The fact is, years of service and agency affiliation are meaningless. If they DGAF they never will and you can't make them.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 07-19-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List