Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RFI: Brass Knuckles

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Despite my rant above, I couldn't resist looking into this more. According to this link with text of the bill, "club" is stricken out so they would be legal.
    https://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB446/id/2018984

Discussion on some TX specific gun fora backs that up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I hope you are correct my friend. I have no use for a set of knocks, but a sap or blackjack is another story.

I have my grandfather's 80-year-old blackjack, and would be very interested in how this works out.

Two of the problems with brass knuckles is that they turn your hand into a very effective club but render it useless for anything else you might need to do in a fight like grabbing. They are also totally dependent on your ability to punch. In the hands of a trained boxer or karate black belt it is a ferocious weapon. In the hand of your wife or girlfriend, not so much. Brass knuckles do not make you a better puncher. They only make your punches better.

Looks like the "86(R) HB 446 - House Committee Report version" was not as up to date as the "Texas House Bill 446 (Adjourned Sine Die)" version.

Hallelujah!

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB446/2019

As I read it clubs and knuckles are good to go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Black Belt View Post
    Two of the problems with brass knuckles is that they turn your hand into a very effective club but render it useless for anything else you might need to do in a fight like grabbing. They are also totally dependent on your ability to punch. In the hands of a trained boxer or karate black belt it is a ferocious weapon. In the hand of your wife or girlfriend, not so much. Brass knuckles do not make you a better puncher. They only make your punches better.
    Those who deliver sucker punches will soon learn that they can legally walk around with a device now legal. That’s an observation from the inner city, my former territory. The statement is not a criticism of the legislation, but I don’t understand the reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    How quickly could a proper grip be acquired on something with 4 finger holes if it is needed in a defensive situation?

Between slim and none.

If you saw the assault coming, you have a chance to get one on. As a weapon to be used in a more realistic initiative deficit situation, no way.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Those who deliver sucker punches will soon learn that they can legally walk around with a device now legal. That’s an observation from the inner city, my former territory. The statement is not a criticism of the legislation, but I don’t understand the reasoning behind it.
    I see the practicality of using a sap or blackjack as an intermediate weapon much more so than knuckles. However, I see the logic in rolling back prohibitions against inanimate objects. After all, we preach than guns and knives don't kill, they are merely tools used by people for good or ill. The same logic applies.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Home made, lead filled blackjack and knuckles made by and carried by my father when he was a schoolboy in the 1920s. Those boys also carried revolvers in their pockets, so a club and brass knuckles were nothing exotic.

I admit to sneaking the knucks out of the house and carrying them to grade school a few times when I was a kid; I wasn't going to punch anyone, I just thought they were cool. Of course, we carried pocket knives to school and those days, and no one cared.

Name:  IMG_0203.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  49.1 KB
    Last edited by sparkyfender; 06-07-2019 at 03:03 AM.

User Tag List