Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA 32 H&R and 327 Federal Mag Gel Tests

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Charter Arms revolvers are somewhat goofy. But maybe they got something right here?

https://youtu.be/khMoeDBHAuE

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I want to believe but past experience tells me otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I want to believe but past experience tells me otherwise...
    Yeah. Unfortunately.

Maybe S&W will bring back theirs.

Site Supporter
    As you probably know, Ruger makes a 3" SP101 in 327. Its additional weight is probably nice when shooting the 327 stuff. The additional inch of barrel might help terminal performance too.

The issue there is now it becomes an AIWB gun instead of a pocket gun due to the weight. Unless the only gun I have with me is a revolver (say I’m attending a conference and have nowhere to secure a second gun) I can’t see carrying a revolver AIWB over a 9mm pistol.

Now for someone else who may have limitations I don’t it could be an option.

Interesting timing, just the other day a coworker ask me If I could shoot his Ruger Single-Seven in .327 in some clear gel. He wanted to see how far the Buffalo Bore 130gr Hardcast would go. They went 54.5 and 55 inches in bare gel and 17.75 and 20 inches through sheet metal.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Interesting timing, just the other day a coworker ask me If I could shoot his Ruger Single-Seven in .327 in some clear gel. He wanted to see how far the Buffalo Bore 130gr Hardcast would go. They went 54.5 and 55 inches in bare gel and 17.75 and 20 inches through sheet metal.

That's pretty wild.

What barrel length?

Last edited by Tokarev; 06-01-2019 at 09:45 AM.

That's pretty wild.

What barrel length?

3.75 inches around 1250fps.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

3.75 inches around 1250fps.
    Pretty solid from a 130 grain bullet and a short barrel. It might be a decent choice for fishing or hiking in black or brown bear country.

Pretty solid from a 130 grain bullet and a short barrel. It might be a decent choice for fishing or hiking in black or brown bear country.

That's what he was thinking. I prefer something a little bigger.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the OP! The article has a picture of my 432. It's been my EDC for a month or so after my back went ballistic on me and I switch to something light, with a couple of speed strips. My 327 is the discontinued 632 3" hammered and comp'ed SS finish gun. Folks like it at matches - outlaw revolver?

If I were Smith, I might do another run of 327 J's - if they can do a light weight one. They did have a SS model. Should have grabbed one.

That's what he was thinking. I prefer something a little bigger.
    Yeah. Traditional wisdom would lead us to believe a 357 or 44 would be a better choice for woods applications.

User Tag List