Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NRA 32 H&R and 327 Federal Mag Gel Tests

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^^^
    Also currently wondering....

pat

I had the cylinder on a 60s 32 long Detective Special reamed out to take 32 magnum. Recoil is mild in the all steel DS. I hand load 32 long. GT bullets has a .32 lead HP. 850 fps out of a snubbie with 2.5g 700x.

Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    I had the cylinder on a 60s 32 long Detective Special reamed out to take 32 magnum. Recoil is mild in the all steel DS. I hand load 32 long. GT bullets has a .32 lead HP. 850 fps out of a snubbie with 2.5g 700x.
    Probably a nice accurate load. I wonder how it might work terminally. Just a guess but a slightly heavier bullet might penetrate better assuming the 85gr doesn't make it 12"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    Sorry. Re-reading to see 850 fps not 85 grains....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hornady is coming out with a 327 Fed Mag load in the Critical Defense line. 80 grain bullet. I assume it is the same projectile as used in the 32 H&R?

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/h...cal-defense#!/

the 32 H&R load, at just over 1,000 FPS, fell short in both the heavy clothing and bare gel tests. Will the same bullet driven to higher speeds do the trick? I assume so...

Note that no velocity is given for the 327 FM load yet. Must be too new to have all the specs ready.

User Tag List