Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NRA 32 H&R and 327 Federal Mag Gel Tests

I hope the .327 sees a resurgence. It could fill all the the niches .32-20 used to handle so well.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    If I had a .327 Federal revolver, I'd load it with 95gr LSWC Federal .32 H&R Mag target ammo. (Which is what I load my 432PD with.) It will shoot clean through a 4LD gelatin block, whether organic or synthetic, and stop in the cloth on the far side.

I don't know what more you could ask of a pistol bullet, but if you want more recoil and muzzle blast, I'm sure you can find it.
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-04-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If I had a .327 Federal revolver, I'd load it with 95gr LSWC Federal .32 H&R Mag target ammo. (Which is what I load my 432PD with.) It will shoot clean through a 4LD gelatin block, whether organic or synthetic, and stop in the cloth on the far side.

I don't know what more you could ask of a pistol bullet, but if you want more recoil and muzzle blast, I'm sure you can find it.
    It's that most American of things, bigger, faster, louder is better.Why limit myself to something that is merely effective when I can have something that's more effective?!
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It's that most American of things, bigger, faster, louder is better.Why limit myself to something that is merely effective when I can have something that's more effective?!
    Out in the woods I wont be shooting through denim, but I'll take the added juice of a WFN that is 20gr heavier at 1100fps.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Out in the woods I wont be shooting through denim, but I'll take the added juice of a WFN that is 20gr heavier at 1100fps.
    I never used the tree line as my justification for caliber choice for pistols however if it works for you...
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Here is a potential source for the 115gr Gold Dot load that's been discontinued by Speer:

https://www.surplusammo.com/products...-bulk-new.html

I say potential because I don't see a velocity listed for this load. If the picture is correct the cartridge is loaded with Speer casings. Could it be the actual Speer factory load repackaged for some reason or is it components loaded up by someone else?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Buffalo Bore has a 100 gr. hard cast target wadcutter .32 SWL that looks ideal as a low recoil load. Very pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Buffalo Bore has a 100 gr. hard cast target wadcutter .32 SWL that looks ideal as a low recoil load. Very pricey though.
    This is an about perfect load for anyone who is recoil sensitive and likes revolvers, like my mother. I intend to get her an LCR in .327 and load this round in it. Because it's not tough to shoot, has less recoil than a 148-grain wadcutter in .38, holds 1 more round, and frankly is probably just as effective as any WC .38.

If she can handle the recoil and sound, we'll try moving her up. But the upside to any .32 caliber revolver is the ability to load way down or go hot, without substantial recoil (muzzle blast is a different story). That's not really what you can do with a .38-.357. You can load down, but somewhere around +P .38 the ability to shoot a small or even mid-sized gun starts to get compromised.

I also love me some .32s. Be they revolvers or autos. A .32-20 revolver makes a very fine gun if you aren't in bear country. A .327 Single 'Seven' with a red-dot on top would probably be a jack-rabbit slayer bar none.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 07-05-2019 at 11:27 PM.

I like the way .32 H&R and .32 S&W Long ammo packs smaller; more efficient spacing for six, instead of five, in a J or SP101 cylinder, and more efficient to store, when boxed. Space-efficiency really does matter, for one who is trying to down-size and simplify life, in general. I have yet to adopt the .327 Federal Mag, but am following developments.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I like the way .32 H&R and .32 S&W Long ammo packs smaller; more efficient spacing for six, instead of five, in a J or SP101 cylinder, and more efficient to store, when boxed. Space-efficiency really does matter, for one who is trying to down-size and simplify life, in general. I have yet to adopt the .327 Federal Mag, but am following developments.
    I like the idea of the 327 Fed Mag and wonder how it would do with a proper Barnes bullet. While the Double Tap load did alright I bet something like an 85-90 grain bullet would be about perfect.

Lack of ammo (and guns too I suppose) is the issue now. Maybe Hornady can get into the market with a Crtical Duty/Defense load. Yes they already make a 32 H&R but I'd like to see a 327 load. Another interesting option might be a new Federal Hydra Shok Deep 327 load. Is there enough market interest?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List