Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at Virginia Beach

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Mass Shooting at Virginia Beach

From BBC News:

Eleven people were killed and six others injured in a mass shooting at a government building in the US state of Virginia, police said.

Police said the suspect, a long-term and current Virginia Beach city employee, fired "indiscriminately" in a public utilities building.

The gunman, whose identity was not released, was killed when police responded to the incident.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:
    The problem as always is that our government employees, elected officials, and the media will use this as a reason for more “gun free” zones and restrictions (thereby limited the public’s means of defending themselves) where the real need is to get rid of gun free zones. I haven’t read any background on this but I’d be surprised if there weren’t any red flags or warning signs that were ignored.

The death toll has been raised from eleven to "at least twelve."
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Death toll now reported as 13. Also Read that the perpetrator used a .45 caliber handgun with a suppressor.

I'm not seeing reports of a thirteenth victim.

I think the 13th death might be the murderer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I happen to be in town visiting and ran into an officer who said that where the incident occurred was just a few minutes on foot from the police building. He said one of their detective sergeants who had responded initially was the one saved by his vest, being hit in the chest. He said their SWAT team breached and shot the murderer.
    Polite Professional

What a shame.

Did not hear so far what actually happened other than this asshole was a former employee.

Did he just go in and start shooting people? What the actual.

Good for the officer who survived one to his vest. Thank God for protective equipment like that. And thank God we have LEOs who go to the sound of gunfire.

Read a report last night that it was a silenced .45 handgun, any clarification?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Had a suppressor and an extended mag, according to the news this morning. I guess the chance for the HPA is now even lower than when Tax Cut Uber Alles Ryan ditched it. And why do you need higher cap mags - oh, wait - Beer Boy Kavanaugh is going to fix that one. Cynical me.

User Tag List