Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If this is true...

If there is any tiny bit of truth to this story then I put it in the same catagory as the time in 2004 that me and 49 of my LCpl friends spent the day picking up cigarette butts from the last three decades around a Iraqi railhead station that we had turned into our forward operating base, all because the commandant of the Marine Corps was coming to visit us... The commandant doesnt give a shit about old Iraqi cigarette butts on the ground in Iraq.... but some GySgt between me and the commandant thought he might..... thus I picked them up. Now I'm the GySgt... and I try to remember not to make my guys do stupid shit....

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    ...... Now I'm the GySgt... and I try to remember not to make my guys do stupid shit....
    Bless you, said the guy that was once a Lance Coolie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    John McCain's service in Vietnam makes him an American hero. No question he was tougher than me. The man went toe to toe with pure evil.

As a politician he was not the great, and he attacked Trump first. I have zero sympathy for him being attacked, because I believe he (as a politician) put his animosity for Trump first, not the country.

Now that said, Trump should take the classy road and simply ignore McCain. That's not Trump's style, and he's not going to change. Everyone is a package, including Trump. Trump's good qualities outweigh his bad.
    Long before Trump entered politics, he was going to benefit yuge for a particular corporate welfare provision in some law and McCain personally axed that provision. In his comments he said words to the effect "American tax payers will not be subsidizing wealthy tycoons such as Donald Trump" or some such.

I'm not sure McCain attacked Trump before Trump went 9/11 truther on national TV during debates and intimated Bush lied about WMDs but I would expect McCain to take him to the woodshed for his serial BS on such issues.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I did predicate this entire thread on that very question...each person needs to keep that in mind. I certainly have.

Naw it's getting worse bruv . . .

“I like ships that don’t get hit by freighters” Mr. Trump told Vice Adm. Phillip G. Sawyer, commander of Seventh Fleet. “You know, 354 ships should be good. I don’t know why everyone is talking about 355 ships. They’ll be the best ships, anyway believe me.”

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/05/p...cn6IU-Rttp23as
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Now that said, Trump should take the classy road and simply ignore McCain. That's not Trump's style, and he's not going to change. Everyone is a package, including Trump. Trump's good qualities outweigh his bad.
    Considering McCain is...dead and all, the only person bringing it up is him.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Naw it's getting worse bruv . . .

“I like ships that don’t get hit by freighters” Mr. Trump told Vice Adm. Phillip G. Sawyer, commander of Seventh Fleet. “You know, 354 ships should be good. I don’t know why everyone is talking about 355 ships. They’ll be the best ships, anyway believe me.”

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/05/p...cn6IU-Rttp23as

You had me there for a second...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/polit...ain/index.html

(CNN)The US Navy acknowledged Friday that a request had been made regarding the USS John S. McCain in relation to President Donald Trump's visit to Japan, but said the ship ended up remaining in its normal configuration.
    The statement continues a saga stemming from emails exchanged between the White House and lower-level US Navy officials about keeping a warship named for the late Sen. John McCain's father and grandfather out of sight ahead of the President's trip.
    "A request was made to the U.S. Navy to minimize the visibility of USS John S. McCain, however, all ships remained in their normal configuration during the President's visit," Rear Adm. Charlie Brown, chief of Navy information, said in a statement. "There were also no intentional efforts to explicitly exclude Sailors assigned to USS John S. McCain."
    Whether Trump did this or some true believer, ass kisser zealot - thought it a good idea is to be determined.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/polit...ain/index.html

Whether Trump did this or some true believer, ass kisser zealot - thought it a good idea is to be determined.
    My theory, which is worth just as much as you paid to read it, is that a staffer made the request. But, not because he’s a “true believer or zealot” and hates McCain. It was done for the same reason you wouldn’t want to leave a 3 year old alone with an open bottle of bleach. It was just poorly thought out, preemptive damage control (If he doesn’t see it maybe he won’t say something stupid).
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-01-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They'll still do stupid shit, just not because you told them too.
    Different kind of stupid shit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    My theory, which is worth just as much as you paid to read it, is that a staffer made the request. But, not because he’s a “true believer or zealot and hates McCain. It was done for the same reason you wouldn’t want to leave a 3 year old alone with an open bottle of bleach. It was just poorly thought out, preemptive damage control (If he doesn’t see it maybe he won’t say something stupid).
    Well, that doesn't make it any better.

1. Crazy president requests it.
    2. True believer lives to serve
    3. Rational person thinks this will make crazy president flip out, once again.

Maybe, the President shouldn't go on the carrier named after Bush 1. Might make him upset.

User Tag List