Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If this is true...

If this is true...

...it's beyond pathetic.

Ahead of President Trump's visit to Japan over the weekend, the White House asked the U.S. Navy to make sure a warship named for late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) would be "out of sight," according to an email obtained by The Wall Street Journal.

The email, dated May 15, included an outline of plans for the president's arrival, including instructions for the ship.

"USS John McCain needs to be out of sight," the email reportedly read. "Please confirm #3 will be satisfied."

Officials, including Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan, were aware of the concern about the USS John McCain and approved measures so that it would not be visible during Trump's visit, an official told the Wall Street Journal.

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

If fact, that is indeed some petty shit, and I’m not talking about the NCOs onboard.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

He has denied any knowledge of it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    He has denied any knowledge of it.
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1133900762709463040
    Last edited by Drang; 05-30-2019 at 01:22 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I would love to know if such a petty, chickenshit thing were true. Unfortunately, I will never definitively know from the reporting of the US press, nor likely the UK or Australian media.
    That is at least as bad as the fact that a petty childish act by the president is somewhat plausible.

So I guess I'll keep ignoring the bleating....
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

interesting they name the ADS, but not the person sending the email? why not? I can't see any reason they wouldn't list the name, unless they don't have one because the email isn't real.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    WSJ is reporting the same story.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    WSJ is reporting the same story.
    The WSJ is the source reported in the article in the OP.

Glad that I'm not alone at being repulsed by this alleged act. If it is determined to be true, and that POTUS was behind it, then this man is beyond redemption, plain and simple.

It is an unforgivable affront, imho, and whoever is responsible should be keelhauled.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

WSJ isn't exactly liberal media, particularly since it's ultimately owned by News Corp. and much of their recent editorial has shifted to defending Trump and attacking other media outlets. That they actually ran this would suggest WSJ dotted their i's and crossed their t's on the background for this story.

I could see one of Trump's lackeys doing this without his knowledge, which doesn't make it any less pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    interesting they name the ADS, but not the person sending the email? why not? I can't see any reason they wouldn't list the name, unless they don't have one because the email isn't real.
    Yes, isn't that interesting?

User Tag List