Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If this is true...

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    The USS John McCain is in Yokosuka Navy Yard for repairs related to its August 2017 collision and those repairs are not slated to be fully completed until late 2019. A ship with tarps and a barge moored next to it is a big nothing story.... Reporters be desperate for a paycheck and will write shit that sells. That does not excuse shitty messaging from the president or his office after the fact but this seems to me to be someone trying to connect dots that do not exist.
    It's #TDS
    #RESIST

The USS John McCain is in Yokosuka Navy Yard for repairs related to its August 2017 collision and those repairs are not slated to be fully completed until late 2019. A ship with tarps and a barge moored next to it is a big nothing story.... Reporters be desperate for a paycheck and will write shit that sells. That does not excuse shitty messaging from the president or his office after the fact but this seems to me to be someone trying to connect dots that do not exist.
    BTW, related to the bold section...

Just watching Brianna Keilar on CNN present this matter for the audience. Clips of POTUS making little sense of the matter but nothing new there. A quote from the acting Sec of Defense denying any such activity authorized by himself or his staff. Some back and forth about the ship's status in general reportage...

Then she delivers an editorial about how the president's not knowing or being involved is somehow worse...etc etc etc...while the facts of the matter are still undetermined and unresolved.

That's not only grandstanding, it's grandstanding on information not in evidence and is so contrary to reporting news that it is nothing more than propaganda. (I know this is not a surprise but it was so unsubtle that it could not simply be glossed over as CNN being CNN.)

She has no business on TV, let alone being referred to in any way, shape or form as a journalist.

(Unfortunately, I pretty much have the same dim viewpoint about that other network as well. We all pay the price who care about the truth.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The story could certainly be true. However, I find it hard to believe President Trump was even aware there was a ship named the USS John S. McCain, and even harder to believe he would be aware it would be docked in Japan.

If the story is true, I could be convinced there is some former USN/USMC White House (or perhaps DoD) staff member who was aware the ship was in Japan, and aware of the Presidents distaste for McCain, who could have arranged to have the name covered.

I find the story that maintenance required covering of the name much more likely.
    Last edited by JTQ; 05-30-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    There are an infinite number of repulsive things that any person can do that will justify any amount of indignation and outrage — if they are true.

I am outraged!
    Name:  IMG_20181204_211823423.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  53.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    There are an infinite number of repulsive things that any person can do that will justify any amount of indignation and outrage — if they are true.
    I did predicate this entire thread on that very question...each person needs to keep that in mind. I certainly have.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

This has been the media narrative since Nov 2016. Splash a bunch of BS out there, and then take turns talking about how horrible Trump is if this is true.

But then we do the same thing. "If this is true, this guy is inexcusable, blah, blah." Here's a thought - let's wait until we have some sort of facts before making any statement at all.
    Last edited by mc1911; 05-30-2019 at 03:38 PM.

It has an undeniable Steele Dossier flavor of spectacular pettiness to it, as opposed to the unselfconsciously lazily discourteous quality I observe in the Donald’s social interactions. I feel like DT would have the McCain painted pink for cancer awareness before he’d hang a tarp over the transom. Hopefully the truth will out.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

That's not only grandstanding, it's grandstanding on information not in evidence and is so contrary to reporting news that it is nothing more than propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    Here's a thought - let's wait until we have some sort of facts before making any statement at all.
    As I am often fond of retorting whenever school shootings come up in conversations: we have a 1st amendment issue in this country.

And this is coming from someone who LOVES the 1A.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    John McCain's service in Vietnam makes him an American hero. No question he was tougher than me. The man went toe to toe with pure evil.

As a politician he was not the great, and he attacked Trump first. I have zero sympathy for him being attacked, because I believe he (as a politician) put his animosity for Trump first, not the country.

Now that said, Trump should take the classy road and simply ignore McCain. That's not Trump's style, and he's not going to change. Everyone is a package, including Trump. Trump's good qualities outweigh his bad.

That was honestly my first thought, that she was still undergoing refit and repairs in the yard.

User Tag List