Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller rides off into the sunset

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

The only congressman who has said that he has read the entire report is a Republican. (Who then said it’s impeachment time.)
    That seems to be a difficult statement to back up.
    #RESIST

Impeachment?

Why exactly? It’s no secret Trumps broken some laws here and there- this was common knowledge before he set foot in the White House.

Then again this is the case for most of Congress too. The sad reality of the matter is everyone in a position of authority in DC is crooked to the bone. 1% Pelosi has the same moral authority to indict Trump as a Sicilian mobster - and what’s worse is thinking Americans already know this.

So impeaching Trump because he’s broken the law through a legislature of corrupt lawbreakers yields a resounding “meh” from me. An honest impeachment proceeding would drain nearly the entire city of incumbent politicians, directly to Federal prison. As that’s even less likely to happen then honest economic reform or me waking up to a billion dollar ATM balance, I’ll return to the full time job of building a legacy for myself and family.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yes.

There are a number of members of congress and senators who have publicly stated they're read the report. Some the unredacted report. This information is readily available due to multiple news outlets simply asking them and then reporting their findings on the internet.
    Last edited by DG12; 05-30-2019 at 10:54 AM.

This seems to summarize the situation nicely:
    Name:  Wyoming Rancher.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  75.6 KB

Alan Dershowitz' immediate response to the Mueller press conference:

Dershowitz' response in an article written for The Hill

Quote Originally Posted by excerpt from article
    Until today, I have defended Mueller against the accusations that he is a partisan. I did not believe that he personally favored either the Democrats or the Republicans, or had a point of view on whether President Trump should be impeached. But I have now changed my mind. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.
    Marxists have the "prove innocence" standard. While there is no past evidence that Mueller is a Marxist, I can't exonerate his Marxism either. /sarcasm
    Last edited by critter; 05-30-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Trump doesn’t read anything, he gets his information from low-wattage talking heads on TV and he signs things with an adult crayon (Sharpies). In other words: Glass houses.

The only congressman who has said that he has read the entire report is a Republican. (Who then said it’s impeachment time.)
    The presidents econ advisor is Larry Kudlow. Low wattage ex Fox talking head. Very qualified, very smart, boot licker. Fired from Bear Stearns for cocaine and alcohol abuse. Found a new home in the WH. Probably has better rehab insurance there. He used to be a free trader just like Pence until the Orange man called.

Sometimes you just have to roll with it. It's a higher calling.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-30-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    From the NRA-ILA:

During a recent appearance on Newsmax TV, Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz said the Second Amendment is an “absurd thing” in our constitution and that our legal framework needs to be adjusted “to create a presumption against gun ownership instead of a presumption in favor of gun ownership.”
    He's the kind of expert I trust on legal matters! His goal in life is: PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR TV SHOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    He's the kind of expert I trust on legal matters! His goal in life is: PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR TV SHOW!!
    The point was that he's a leftist. Maybe not of Stacy Abrams Batshittery Branch, but still a leftist.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is there really any need to read it? The entire thing is a dog and pony show anyway.

Demo congress wants the media exposure of an impeachment. If they play their cards right they can run it right up to election.

My guess they've calculated it to do just that.

Free media exposure. Trump should have some kind of copyright or patent on that, he developed the process. A regular P. T. Barnum.

“Absolutely the Greatest Natural and National Curiosity in the World.”
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-30-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Is there really any need to read it? The entire thing is a dog and pony show anyway.

Demo congress wants the media exposure of an impeachment. If they play their cards right they can run it right up to election.

My guess they've calculated it to do just that.

Free media exposure. Trump should have some kind of copyright or patent on that, he developed the process. A regular P. T. Barnum.

“Absolutely the Greatest Natural and National Curiosity in the World.”
    This^^^^is exactly what it's all about, the dems don't have anything left but impeachment..Sometimes I think that if some bad actor in the world were to nuke D.C. at a time when everybody in congress was in town, they might be doing the rest of us a big favor...
    Last edited by ralph; 05-30-2019 at 02:01 PM.

User Tag List