Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle carry/rides

Motorcycle carry/rides

How do you guys go about carry while riding? And if you are interested, what do you ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same carry as normal when I was riding. 3:00 GL21, or AIWB.

Some retention device might good particularly if doing rough off road riding.

When I ride on the pavement/roads, I use my regular CCW rigs, which are a mix of kydex and Milt Sparks holsters. I primarily carry Glocks, secondarily 1911s, and for recreational/outdoors purposes, carry N Frames.

I ride an enduro. KLR 650.

When I ride off road, I run my Hill People Gear kit bag, or a El Paso Saddlery Tanker holster, though I have been using the HPG Kit Bag more and more frequently due to its multi purpose use.

Here is a pic of the Kit Bag worn hunting.

I don't ride anymore, but when I did, AIWB was most comfortable. It also seemed to offer least potential for the gun to hurt me if I fell off, as it's carried next to fleshy body parts instead of bone. Normal 4 o'clock IWB, not so much.

This will be of some interest. When I rode last, there was no legal concealed carry, if one wished to be armed, it had to be openly carried. Id prefer not to in most circumstances now. Something with 4" or more barrel for field use may be a viable application for a shoulder holster.

Used to have a spare in a saddle bag and often a rifle in a scabbard on the bike.

Have had a variety of bikes, but tend to wear the Aerostitch Roadcrafter

I have started to carry a Kahr or J-frame in a pocket holster in the map pocket. Access would be a clunky two handed affair, but better than way underneath the jacket. This is adapting my normal gear to carrying, otherwise that Hill People Gear would have a lot going for it. I also typically use but hate a tank bag, the HPG could help eliminate the tank bag. Here is a goofy selfie sorta showing what I mean:
    Name:  IMG-20130615-00836.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  55.6 KB
    The left hand draws it and presents it to the right hand.

Here is a pic of the bike on the same trip:
    Name:  A Long Way From Home.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  53.0 KB
    Then I met up with my "squad" and we shot (at) prairie dogs before riding home:
    Name:  IMG-20130619-00858.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  91.5 KB

This was in 2013, not sure when I am gonna pull of a trip that epic again...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-28-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Used to have a spare in a saddle bag and often a rifle in a scabbard on the bike.
    And a dead deer folded up on the back?...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And a dead deer folded up on the back?...
    Its rumored to have happened.

I usually tote my Shield in the jacket pocket.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Generally, but not always, carry a wheel gun when rising since I'm also wearing riding gloves. No safety or smallish trigger guard that I want to contend with...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List