Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new murse! RFI

Site Supporter
    Some of bags that have been linked to are really great looking bags! I'd never heard of a lot of these brands, but I'm impressed. Having said that, based on my limited experience, I think Vertx is definitely worth a very close look. I have a Vertx Range Bag A and their EDC Essential bag. The range bag has gotten a lot more use, and it is holding up very well. When I need the EDC Essential bag, it is usually exactly what I need. If you do decided to buy a Vertx, try to wait for a sale. Every holiday, they offer some pretty good discounts. Over Memorial Day, they offered 30% off. When I bought my range bag, I found a code for 45% off. "GarandThumb" should get you 25% off. The EDC Essential bag is on sale right now, but I'm not sure it'd be quite big enough for your needs.

I have a Lunada that I use as my Little Green Bag Of Minor Doom. It’s a well made bag and is a perfect repository for stuff that I don’t carry on my person as well as a few emergency supplies. It also sucks to carry for any length of time, just like every other sling bag I’ve tried.

I also have an original Versipack that has seen some hard use. It’s ok as a smaller sling bag option.

I acquired a Vertx EDC Gamut about a year ago and while it carries very well, I don’t particularly care for the length nor for the organization. That being said it’s a nice, low profile bag.

I picked up a Vertx EDC Essentials for the spousal unit to use on an upcoming trip, it’s small but appears well made.

I had a Condor Messenger bag and ditched it as it was poor quality. I avoid Condor products on general principle.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Take a look at the Griff pack by Grey Ghost Gear. I have used it for the past year and like it a lot.

https://greyghostgear.com/collection...cts/griff-pack

I have been using a S.O. Tech “mission go bag” as my work bag for years. It has proved to be the best compromise of size and storage for me.

https://sotechtactical.com/products/mgba1

http://instagram.com/p/BGsicyRo2Bc/
    Last edited by Hizzie; 05-30-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

You guys are so swell, I have been down the rabbit hole for hours. Just to sum things up a bit, the motorcycle/bicycle bags look to be just that, a bag and I believe that would leave me wanting for more/better organization. I really like the looks of the Vertx bags, there is a couple that peeks my interest. It shows there is a dealer in the city and just so happens that is where they get our uniforms from, so ill be stopping by to see if they have any in stock. The Mission Go bag from S.O. Tech has my interest also. Both the Vertx EDC and the Mission Go bag seem to hit the nail on the head for the size I am looking for. Thanks to all that have responded. You have been a big help. FES

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Vertx has recently done a revamp of most of their bag line. After a couple of years of avoiding the Gamut, I recently bought a Gamut expedition pack because Vertx seemed to be reading my mind with the upgrade, and addressed every single concern I had, as well as issues that my gun totin' friends brought up. The Gamut is probably too big for your needs, but there are several other smaller packs and bags available from them. One major issue I had was the location of the Vertx logo on the pack. In the gun community the name "Vertx" shouts "gun inside". The Vertx logo has been moved to the inside of the bag, and is not seen on the outside at all. I also dislike all the camo based tans, and greens, and grays for these packs. My new Gamut is blue with gray trim. I think the Maxpedition Entity packs and bags are really nice, but their look is very distinctive, and I'd almost prefer one of their older designs with all the molle all over them.
    Agreed, Vertx makes quality gear
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I have tried dozens of different bags over the years.
    My favorite is the Mission Go Bag from SO Tech. It is the perfect size IMO and extremely durable without being heavy.

My second favorite is the Emissary from Zulu Nylon Gear. This bag holds so much stuff I have lost things in it. Overbuilt and tough.
    https://zulunylongear.com/emissary.html

+ another who's very happy with his vertx gear. And there are 25% off codes available.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    I have tried dozens of different bags over the years.
    My favorite is the Mission Go Bag from SO Tech. It is the perfect size IMO and extremely durable without being heavy.

My second favorite is the Emissary from Zulu Nylon Gear. This bag holds so much stuff I have lost things in it. Overbuilt and tough.
    https://zulunylongear.com/emissary.html
    I don't know why but I'm kind of digging on this Indy Satchel

https://zulunylongear.com/indy.html

User Tag List