Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell until…

Farewell until…

Not that I consider myself to be anyone of any great importance here, but I have made some friends and figured I at least owe an explanation to those who might care:
    I’ve logged out of all gun forums, ig, etc. I realized that I was spending way too much time, money, and mental energy on something that isn’t really a part of my life beyond a self-fulfulling hobby. It was good times with friends, but it was also a lot of keeping up with the Jonses. I don’t get paid to shoot and it’s not a part of my job. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I’m probably good enough to defend myself and my family, shoot game, and do whatever else I need to do with a gun. I’m done chasing fake internet points, coins, pins, etc. I’m doubling down on my focus to be the best husband and father I can be. Those that know me personally, feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Best wishes to all,

-Josh
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Not that I consider myself to be anyone of any great importance here, but I have made some friends and figured I at least owe an explanation to those who might care:
    I’ve logged out of all gun forums, ig, etc. I realized that I was spending way too much time, money, and mental energy on something that isn’t really a part of my life beyond a self-fulfulling hobby. It was good times with friends, but it was also a lot of keeping up with the Jonses. I don’t get paid to shoot and it’s not a part of my job. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I’m probably good enough to defend myself and my family, shoot game, and do whatever else I need to do with a gun. I’m done chasing fake internet points, coins, pins, etc. I’m doubling down on my focus to be the best husband and father I can be. Those that know me personally, feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Best wishes to all,

-Josh
    You are very wise

All the best

Site Supporter
    I have enjoyed reading your posts. Take care, best of luck to you and your family!

Nothing wrong with taking stock of one’s priorities and shifting your time and energy accordingly. I wish you nothing but the best!

Though it sucks to lose one of the few Georgia folks who come here. Would love to have a meet up at some point if for no other reason than just shoot stuff and have a drink afterwards. That goes for any of the Georgia folk or anyone who comes through the Atlanta area.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I have learned useful things from your posts.
    A Bi Gezunt!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I've also always enjoyed your posts.

However, Cheap Shot is right, you are a wise man. You've got my number if you need anything.

Taking care of one's family is what a true father and husband does.

A very large tip of the Stetson to you, good sir. Safe travels.

Good for you!
    Get a little practice in-dry and live fire-enough to protect yourself and family.
    Safe travels and the very best to you and your family.

Best wishes.

I have burnt out several times while trying to reach certain shooting goals. When that happened, I always kept on shooting for entertainment only. No goals and no expectations. While enjoying family time, be sure to take some me time for yourself from time to time.

Site Supporter
    Best of luck to you. As a fellow Georgian I wish you well. There are days that I wonder where I would be if I had never logged on to social media including gun forums. What would I have accomplished in the hours, days and probably years I've spent scrolling. I have walked away a few times and it honestly felt strange. Sort of like trying to live in sobriety after years of addiction. Guess if you never update us on the glock 45 I will remain leary and save myself the moment of buying one.

User Tag List