Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size Comparison Reference... handgunhero.com

Size Comparison Reference... handgunhero.com

I finally found a great resource for doing comparisons between pistol dimensions, etc... http://www.handgunhero.com

I think this will make a lot of folks here happy, I know I am...
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 05-28-2019 at 12:01 PM.

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

ooo, that is even better... thanks for sharing.

Well now I want a p30sk or p2000sk. It's just a tiny bit larger than the 43 and a good bit smaller than the p07
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 05-28-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22...lMWE3ZDlm/view

For small guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Well now I want a p30sk or p2000sk. It's just a tiny bit larger than the 43 and a good bit smaller than the p07
    Guess what we just did... P30SK for the exact same reasons. I think of the two the P30SK is the winner for me, I have owned P2000SK and while nice I think the egos are great on the P30SK (to me this matters more on this size gun for accuracy. That being said, if you go V3 trigger just know that the P30SK has a very heavy long pull... have not measured but feels a good bit more than my P30L. I did not have V3 P2000SK to compare, mine was V2.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Guess what we just did... P30SK for the exact same reasons. I think of the two the P30SK is the winner for me, I have owned P2000SK and while nice I think the egos are great on the P30SK (to me this matters more on this size gun for accuracy. That being said, if you go V3 trigger just know that the P30SK has a very heavy long pull... have not measured but feels a good bit more than my P30L. I did not have V3 P2000SK to compare, mine was V2.
    P30SK V3 has a 10.5 lb DA trigger. And there is little to nothing you can do about it. They are nice guns though. You just suck it up on that pull. They are also significantly larger than a G26. Almost G19 sized.

P30 is around 7.5-8# for the same pull with all the light small springs and stock hammer spring.

That is pretty cool. It shows how some of the measurements on the surface, don’t paint the whole picture. For example a beavertail may add 1/2 to 3/4” to the OAL but little to the “true” dimension of the slide. Similarly, I think a “ 3 finger” measurement of the front strap under the trigger guard to the bottom of the grip would be more telling, at least I would know if it would accommodate a good 3 finger grip. When I compared my P10s to my P07 side by side, I found I liked the just enough grip of the P07, as the P10s, pinched even with a factory extension on the baseplate, and when compared side by side the slides were exactly the same!! I thus sold the P10s.

I think for CCW best dimension is a 5” height x 6.3-6.5” OAL and THIN. Really wish all the major players would revisit the traditional DA/SA guns. I have learned a lot from the good folks here on the forum and not blowing my nuts off is a big one. Oddly, I seem to shoot the DA / SA better, even the older SIG “DAK” guns. Really wish SIG would consider redesigning the P250, but make it a DA / SA.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    That is pretty cool. It shows how some of the measurements on the surface, don’t paint the whole picture. For example a beavertail may add 1/2 to 3/4” to the OAL but little to the “true” dimension of the slide. Similarly, I think a “ 3 finger” measurement of the front strap under the trigger guard to the bottom of the grip would be more telling, at least I would know if it would accommodate a good 3 finger grip. When I compared my P10s to my P07 side by side, I found I liked the just enough grip of the P07, as the P10s, pinched even with a factory extension on the baseplate, and when compared side by side the slides were exactly the same!! I thus sold the P10s.

I think for CCW best dimension is a 5” height x 6.3-6.5” OAL and THIN. Really wish all the major players would revisit the traditional DA/SA guns. I have learned a lot from the good folks here on the forum and not blowing my nuts off is a big one. Oddly, I seem to shoot the DA / SA better, even the older SIG “DAK” guns. Really wish SIG would consider redesigning the P250, but make it a DA / SA.

I like the DAK. Unfortunately when I was issued one it was a .357sig. A reliable and durable DAK P220 would be nice to have.

I got the chance to shoot Rich's P30SK LEM when he still had it. I agree with a comment that he made here some time back...I'd be all over a P30c that offered a 3-finger grip and used P2000 magazines.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 05-29-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List