Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .40 S&W Training Ammo?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Concur with the S&B in my G35 and HK USP40.

Jon, you just HAD TO throw that MKIII HP 40 S&W in there didn't ya!!?!?!?
    Just had to be me....

Haven't you gotten yours yet?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Just had to be me....

Haven't you gotten yours yet?

Best, Jon
    No sir... I have two 9mm BHPs and one has been to Novaks for their work... its a prize to be certain.

I do enjoy shooting 40 in a CHP S&W 4006 TSW, HK USP and G35 .... Never have shot a 40 BHP... I must admit though I am intrigued by the thought of a 40 S&W HP.
    Johnny Walker

I picked up a couple boxes of Prime Ammo 180 grain FMJ to try out. Made in Hungary with Prime headstamp. Bullets, cases, and primers look clean. Especially for one of the cheapest brass cased loads at Target Sports USA.

Tried a whopping twelve through my heavy LEM USP compact, today. AIWB draws to single hit on a 6" plate at seven yards. No pressure signs, ejection much the same as other loads, and recoil didn't catch my attention so probably middling to full power. Obviously early to comment on quality but, if the rest of the first box continues to run and POI is reasonably on at 25 yards, will start ordering more. Be curious to hear if anyone else has tried it or knows the manufacturer because it strikes me as a rebrand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I saw it used at an agency qual a few years back with no issues.
    Speer Lawman in 180 is also GTG.
    I’ll second this.

I went through probably 5k each of both Win Ranger and Speer Lawman (then used the brass for reloading) a year or two ago. No issues with either. I’d say order whichever you can get at the best price on a given day.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I'm sure it's probably fine, the only .40 I buy these days is 180 grain American Eagle FMJ from Lucky Gunner. I get the 200 round packs because I don't shoot a whole lot of .40, and a pair of those seems to last me for a hot second.
    I've seen some really ugly stuff from AE in .40 cal. Made me swear off the brand until I shot up the 9mm I'd already bought and gotten reasonable results. But the variation I saw in the .40 was so great I couldn't really be sure it wasn't reloads. I've also seen really horrible accuracy from AE in .45 cal in a couple different pistols.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List