Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 Glock Shooters, Support hand placement

I don’t see how it could possibly work with a DSG Orion that has a sweat shield

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Here’s a picture example of the modification I do to the slide release to flatten it against the frame. It’s subtle, but it makes a world of difference.
    Unmodified:
    Attachment 38530

Modified:
    Attachment 38531
    Gio,

Are you just using needle nose pliers and bending it? I like that your modification is subtle and nothing to the extreme.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Gio,

Are you just using needle nose pliers and bending it? I like that your modification is subtle and nothing to the extreme.

Thanks
    Pliers work ok, a bench top vice works better. Be prepared to break a few trying. I find .245” width is about as far as I can reliably take it. Stock width is .260-.270”.

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Gio,

Thanks
    I did something similar, I used a small vise grip and went little by little to make sure I didn’t overdo it. It ended up rubbing the frame a little, so I just sanded underneath the lever to give a little more clearance. Worked great.

Not sure if this has been posted or discussed before, but I've found the information here very interesting. Preliminary results are promising.

IDPA : A454752
    USPSA : TY91150

Quote Originally Posted by bpack325 View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted or discussed before, but I've found the information here very interesting. Preliminary results are promising.

I like his explanation of things in his videos.

User Tag List