Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FEG SVD Dragunov Importation

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Help me understand what is happening here? These rifles are now bidding at $1-8 million. Obviously no one is going to pay that. Are these just fake accounts to screw with MAC? What happens if Gun Broker comes after the moneys?

Sad to see it going like this as I actually liked MACs videos.

Can’t imagine LAV needs to get caught up in the middle of this given his current condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Help me understand what is happening here?
    My read on it:

• Some mysterious international middleman going by "PRDUBI", possibly representing FEG or not, put together an informal group buy list for these rifles and made promises he didn't have the authority to keep

• I had doubts on veracity early on, given "PRDUBI" is the only contact there was. No formal FEG email address or anything

• MAC was the first person to cut a check for the rifles

• MAC got the rifles

• No money was exchanged by the group buy list, so everything MAC did is by the book in terms of legality, and the group buy list has no leg to stand on

With that said, the conspiracy theories about the rifles likely being illegal Chinese copies going through a middleman might have some merit. Some internet sleuths found that FEG still has zero connection to the firearms business, the "FEG Defense" company that is referenced is of dubious legitimacy. Their website is still just a simple 1 page wordpress website that anyone could make themselves in less than 5 minutes; no listing/bios of principal officers, sales contacts, etc. If you look up their address on street view, their building isn't large enough to be making guns, and they apparently have zero legal connection to the MFP Holdings/FEG company of historic. In addition, apparently when FEG divested themselves of the firearms business some 16-20 years ago, all of their leftover firearms and parts were seized and accounted for by the government with much of it being bought by Sarco and Numrich. If true, that would mean the total story of these rifles is bogus, in that they had leftover parts for at least 100 and just needed to bring in temporary firearms assemblers to make barrels and receivers (or whatever the specifics were).

I don't really harbor any ill will towards MAC, though what he did is obviously kind of a dick move. The whole thing seems shady from the get-go, and given 1) our only contact to this most fictitious "FEG Defense" company is an internet screen name, and 2) the conspiracy stuff actually kind of adds up (saying that as someone that hates conspiracy theories), there's no way in hell I'd touch one of these rifles with a 10 foot pole until there's some verification of their legitimacy.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-17-2021 at 06:17 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I’m sure most of us see the irony of a bunch of freedom-loving Americans on arfcom getting butt hurt that a capitalist “cheated” them out of buying an iconic weapon of the Communist Bloc at a below-market value price.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I’m sure most of us see the irony of a bunch of freedom-loving Americans on arfcom getting butt hurt that a capitalist “cheated” them out of buying an iconic weapon of the Communist Bloc at a below-market value price.
    Not only ironic, but ironically ironic.

I’m still wondering how the price got so high

I assume that’s the butt hurt Arfcom-ers running the price up with fake bids to screw with MAC and ruin his auctions. If it’s like Ebay, Gunbroker won’t try to collect on deadbeat bidders, but MAC would be able to leave negative feedback. Gun Broker could probably suspend/ban them if they wanted.

What I don’t know is if they created fake accounts for the purpose of messing with MAC, since I think that requires a working method of payment.

$7500 is quite good for an SVD.

Actual military Russian SVD Dragunovs go for around $25k; only 200 were brought into country.

Russian Tigrs and Chinese NDM-86s go for $10k and up; a little less if you happen to both put in the effort of hunting for the right deal, and waiting for it as well.

If you're referring to Copper Customs auctions of the FEG HD-18s, those are shill bids to make it impossible for Copper Custom to do business on Gunbroker. It's not just their FEG auctions, but all of them as well. A sort of grassroots embargo, one step below a tea party.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    $7500 is quite good for an SVD.

Actual military Russian SVD Dragunovs go for around $25k; only 200 were brought into country.

Russian Tigrs and Chinese NDM-86s go for $10k and up; a little less if you happen to both put in the effort of hunting for the right deal, and waiting for it as well.

If you're referring to Copper Customs auctions of the FEG HD-18s, those are shill bids to make it impossible for Copper Custom to do business on Gunbroker. It's not just their FEG auctions, but all of them as well. A sort of grassroots embargo, one step below a tea party.
    I’m referring to the $8 million bids. Yeah I consider real SVD clones unubtainium....

User Tag List