Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FEG SVD Dragunov Importation

FEG SVD Dragunov Importation

Supposedly this is happening next year, at an initial goal of 2,000 SVDs for the first run. FEG is back in business and this is just one of a couple different guns they're planning to import. Quoted price by the FEG employee on the gunternet is "no less than $3800".

Name:  imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  43.9 KB

Thanks to @Kyle Reese for pointing this out.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-26-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    It won’t take much to make that thing Kalifornia legal!

Time to start saving my sheckles for another overrated rifle that will serve no useful purpose.

If this happens, I need one.

Seriously.

Very cool, I'm wondering if FEG/Hungary has the tooling to make the folding stock versions (although I'm not sure if that would cause issues with importation)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No less than $3800??? I’ll buy a Larue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    No less than $3800??? I’ll buy a Larue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can buy a Larue and a nice optic for that. I get the collector angle but performance-wise SVDs are just not particularly great guns.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-27-2019 at 01:16 PM.

I don't think anyone is interested in buying an SVD because it's the highest performance rifle on the market today, just the same as nobody is buying an M1D or M21 because it'll outshoot an OBR all day long. Would you go into a thread about the K31/55 and point out that you can buy a Remington SPS for a fraction of what the K31/55 costs and shoot better? That'd be kind of a weird thing to go into such a thread and point out, right?

With that said, these are supposedly coming with some features to make them more attractive to the current shooting market/trends, like a suppressor friendly adjustable gas system.

I noticed these have a milled receiver. Are the original Russian SVD's milled or stamped? I always thought they were stamped but I may be getting them confused with the PSLs....

One thing that we can count on is that every FEG product I have ever handled has been very well built.

I'm kind of curious as to how nice the glass on the optic will be. I had an early imported Romanian PSO with Zeiss Glass that had amazing clarity - unfortunately it was a PSO

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I noticed these have a milled receiver. Are the original Russian SVD's milled or stamped? I always thought they were stamped but I may be getting them confused with the PSLs....

One thing that we can count on is that every FEG product I have ever handled has been very well built.

I'm kind of curious as to how nice the glass on the optic will be. I had an early imported Romanian PSO with Zeiss Glass that had amazing clarity - unfortunately it was a PSO
    SVDs were machined, I believe. With that said, there's some changes to this rifle, so I would expect some other things to be different.

Was the Zeiss glass on that Romak a Zeiss-Jena or post-reunification glass? Commie Zeiss scopes are of lower quality according to most reports on the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    SVDs were machined, I believe. With that said, there's some changes to this rifle, so I would expect some other things to be different.

Was the Zeiss glass on that Romak a Zeiss-Jena or post-reunification glass? Commie Zeiss scopes are of lower quality according to most reports on the interwebs.
    Zeiss-Jena seems to ring a bell. It was an IOR - purchased about 1994.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 05-27-2019 at 03:55 PM.

User Tag List