Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Die brand preference?

Site Supporter
    I use Lee dies - I have multiple tool heads for my Dillon 550s and all are full off Lee dies. I have one set of RCBS that came as part of a deal with my 6.5 Grendel upper. All my Lee pistol dies are carbide - I have many thousands of reloaded rounds through Lee 9, 40, and 45.

Site Supporter
    I’ve noticed that brands offering free replacement if that is requested get best reviews. Lee is more customer service friendly now than in the past. Lyman likewise is smiling not frowning when queried by consumers. It seems that
    Lyman is receiving flak that once was directed toward Lee.

I have Redding, RCBS, Dillon, Lee, CH, Lyman, and Hornady dies. For loading rifle, which was the OP's question, I use RCBS and Redding. My general observations:

-Redding makes really good dies.
    -I've had no problems with RCBS over 30 years and would still buy them first out of habit. The locking rings with the 90 degree brass screw suck, but I swap dies rings anyway because I use a Co-Ax press for rifle.
    -I really dislike the design of Lee dies because the seating die doesn't lock in place. Hence I buy Lee only when there is no other option.
    -I've stuck one rifle case in 30 years. It was probably in an RCBS die, but I really don't remember. I used RCBS stuck case remover kit and it was no big deal.
    -I'm apparently the only guy who thinks factory crimp dies are stupid.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Redding, Dillon

User Tag List