Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .41 Special Commercial Loadings

.41 Special Commercial Loadings

Anyone have any experience with Reed Ammunition? I see they have a couple loading's I would like to try.
    1.http://www.enduraplas.com/categories...uipment-15.cfm I would likely use this as a field/large critter round.

2.https://shop.reedsammo.com/41-Specia...41SP185JHP.htm Considering this load for more urban, populated area's, two legged problem solver.

I currently use 175 gr SilverTips for SD, and 215 Gr SWC for paper and large animal.
    Reason for wanting to try the "Special" loadings is reduced recoil, easier on me, easier on my revolver. And, if I can get the recoil and flash down a bit, the wife my even take a shine to it.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

No experience with their 41 Special ammo, but I've purchased several boxes of 10mm ammo from Reeds before and was always pleased. Quick service, good prices, and accurate ammo.
    Ordinary guy

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Reed Ammunition? I see they have a couple loading's I would like to try.
    1.http://www.enduraplas.com/categories...uipment-15.cfm I would likely use this as a field/large critter round.

2.https://shop.reedsammo.com/41-Specia...41SP185JHP.htm Considering this load for more urban, populated area's, two legged problem solver.

I currently use 175 gr SilverTips for SD, and 215 Gr SWC for paper and large animal.
    Reason for wanting to try the "Special" loadings is reduced recoil, easier on me, easier on my revolver. And, if I can get the recoil and flash down a bit, the wife my even take a shine to it.
    I have used their 215gr LSWC-HP 41 special in my 657 with no issues....
    Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    I have used their 215gr LSWC-HP 41 special in my 657 with no issues....
    Do you notice much change between the magnum and the special loadings, or are we just buying cute brass?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

The title of this thread...

(I’m only yanking your chain because I’m jealous of your iconoclastic cool. Now I want an S&W 58 and a case of .41 special wadcutters)
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 07-09-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@Sidheshooter
    The new hipster round.
    It's so obscure, you probably never heard of it man............
    Last edited by wvincent; 07-09-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    There doesn't appear to be much difference between the load you referenced and Silvertip. IIRC, the Silvertip load chronoed just over 1200 fps from my 4" M57, and they claim 1161 fps from a 4" barrel for their 185 JHP. I'd be interested in their 210 LSWC that shows out of stock at the moment.

^^^ I figured they would be close. SilverTips get a little scarce in my area sometimes, so I was looking for an acceptable alternate.

I don't have a ballistic chronograph , but loading a .41 mag case with 7.5 gr. of Unique ... Topped with a 210 or 215 lead core bullet might travel at a leisurely .41 special velocity.
    I have used that formula with my S&W mod. 58 for a couple of decades now.
    I am not against every new concept, &i appreciate experimentation . The above loadings give no extra carbon & lead ring in the cylinder. Why clean what you don't have to?
    I am ready to load some flash plated 210gr. (X-treme) same charge of Unique
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    A .41 Special GP.100 or a L-frame would be awesome AF. But that'll probably happen about the time the Sun burns out.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List