Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New barrel for G17.2

New barrel for G17.2

I just got back from the range this morning where this happened...

The rest of the gun appears to be fine, I just a new barrel. This is a police trade-in G17 that I picked up 2-3 years ago. Would Glock replace this barrel? If not, should I just snag an OEM replacement or go aftermarket?

This is my primary USPSA Production gun right now. I have plans on getting a G17.5 and getting it setup as my primary which would relegate this gun to being dedicated to training/practice. Given it’s age and what just happened, I’ll probably be speeding up when I get the G17.5, but would still like to get this G17.2 back into service.

Tagging in, curious to see if Glock will replace it. If it were mine, I wouldn’t be sore if they didn’t.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tagging in, curious to see if Glock will replace it. If it were mine, I wouldn’t be sore if they didn’t.
    Oh neither would I. I’d be surprised if they did. Was just curious if that was even a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact warranty and request instructions. They will almost certainly want to see that gun and replace the barrel for you.

Get the gen5 anyway. Consider a G45 rather than a 17, and perhaps the MOS variant.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Contact warranty and request instructions.
    This is what I would do. I'm very curious to see what their response will be. I keep a few spare parts on hand but no barrels.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't give you a new barrel.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 05-25-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    I’ve only seen that once before, on a well used G22 gen 3.

I’d be surprised if Glock didn’t replace the barrel.

I expect Glock will ask for the whole pistol be sent in for service and that all of the internals will be replaced at zero cost.

I had a Gen 2 slide crack down through the ejection port. I sent it to Glock and it came back with the original frame and barrel and all other parts were new.

Not a barrel, but I have a 6 year old 17.3 Blue Label (can't say it was a dept gun, but it was used) that Glock replaced the frame due to the locking block pin walking out during live fire. It was so loose that the tip of a Bic pen with "writing pressure" would push it out of the frame.

I fully expected to pay the $125 for a new frame, Glock replaced it for free (minus shipping to Smyrna).

User Tag List