Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Beretta Experts

Site Supporter

Question for the Beretta Experts

Question for you beretta guys:

I’m relatively new to the 92 platform, but loving it. I’d dropped TDA some time ago largely when the old P228’s ended. Been doing mostly Glocks and 1911’s (and an EDC X9) since then. Anyway, I recently picked up some of the new Wilson Berettas and I’m amazed. I seem to, like some others here, shoot them VERY well with very little time on. So well, I’m thinking of moving to them for IDPA and carry. So...To the question:

I’ve got a Wilson Centurion Tactical Vertec and a Wilson 92 compact carry (no action tune) with TJIB that I just installed (wow the tjib seems better than the Action Tune on my data set of 1 and 1). The compact is planned for carry and the centurion probably for IDPA. Is there any reason I can’t just swap the slides? The only difference I can easily see is the shape on top of the Centurion slide is clearly beefier. I want the nicer ameriglo big-orange-ring sights sights for the carry gun, and the FO is fine for the IDPA gun....I think from research here the answer is yes, but thought I’d ask. I see from full size to centurion/compact is NOT fine. But I’m having a hard time finding definitive info on the Centurion to Compact. But there are a few short threads implying it’d be ok?

Thanks all,

Newt
    Last edited by newt; 05-24-2019 at 05:32 PM.

compact and centurion are the same top ends.

centurion and full size are the same bottom ends.

centurion is a cross between a full size bottom end (full size 92) and a shorter compact top end.

compact and centurion top ends should be identical.

Site Supporter
    Thanks @DAB that’s what I needed.

N

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    Centurion and full size frames have a similar grip length, but they are not exactly the same. My Centurion frame has the same grip length as a full size frame, but it is cut to allow a slightly greater distance of slide travel than the full size frame allows.

You can do a slide swap between a Compact and a Centurion- I did one last year.
    Full size and Compact/Centurion is not doable.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Centurion and full size frames have a similar grip length, but they are not exactly the same. My Centurion frame has the same grip length as a full size frame, but it is cut to allow a slightly greater distance of slide travel than the full size frame allows.
    This is an important clarification.

This link may be of use as it has good comparison with images of frames and slides: https://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost...90&postcount=9

Am I correct that if you wanted a rough comparison to to Glocks, with which many people are more familiar, the Centurion is the equivalent of the Glock 45/19X, i.e full size/G17/Ber92/M9 grip and G19/Compact top end and dust cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Am I correct that if you wanted a rough comparison to to Glocks, with which many people are more familiar, the Centurion is the equivalent of the Glock 45/19X, i.e full size/G17/Ber92/M9 grip and G19/Compact top end and dust cover.
    I think of the Centurion as the Commander if the 92FS/M9 is the Government Model. The Centurion uses the same magazines as the full-size gun but the upper is shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Yes and no. Yes in that the Centurion uses the compact slide on a fullsize grip. No in that the Centurion is in reality pretty close to a Glock 17 and a regular fullsize is more like a 34.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 05-25-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List