Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ed's Manifesto on the Joe Rogan Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I quit following him on social media, but as far as I know his bona fides have never been verified by any other known trainer. . As in " I worked with the guy. I was there when he did all that."

That stands to reason, since none of the folks in the training circles he's a part of now were working in Mexico. And I don't think he's very open about where he worked (which is understandable.) So maybe he was the Mexican Jason Bourne. Or maybe not.

If someone in the US made claims of being a supercop or SOF, he would generally be called out quickly if he was lying. Who can call BS on this guy?

Ten or more years ago he used to be on the knife forums talking about knife fighting - and we all know the "knife fighters" are the kookiest of the tactical weirdos.
    That's my hangup with him. It's not that I have any specific reason to doubt anything about him, it's just that I've never seen him vouched for outside of his weird cult like followers. He may be legit, he may not be. I still follow him though and I'll listen to the new Rogan podcast after my kids head off to school.

I always thought gun shows were bad, then I went to a knife show at the fairgrounds in town. It was full of, uh, interesting people.

There are pictures of the guy working in Mexico, so there is at least some truth to his background. It’s also clear that his main goal is self promotion and he makes many off hand claims that seem extremely unlikely. The way he manages to imply associations with people and events are often a tell. it’s likely he’s exaggerating or conflating some things.

All that said, I think spreading the word about what’s happening in Mexico to such a large audience is a net positive. I also think his comments about the 2A on this podcast and others are very helpful. The perspective of a new citizen fleeing conflict in a place where arms are heavily restricted for law abiding citizens is one I’m happy to have hammered home.

So until he does something overtly negative I’ll just continue to enjoy it as entertainment. He certainly has an interesting visual style and perspective on his media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I always thought gun shows were bad, then I went to a knife show at the fairgrounds in town. It was full of, uh, interesting people.
    You ain't kidding.

BTW, for truly special, look up P h i l E l m o r e (extra spaces to hopefully break search engine results). I remember him from his Bladeforums.com days back in the early 2000s. Seems he's really gone off the deep end since, not that he wasn't a bit kooky then.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    The way he manages to imply associations with people and events are often a tell. it’s likely he’s exaggerating or conflating some things.
    This, over and over.

The other thing I dislike is the appearance of credit trades with folks. There's a whole circle of folks that are seemingly saying they saw this guy do this thing first and everyone else got it there. Say it enough and it's fact.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I believe @36trap knows him.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    You ain't kidding.

BTW, for truly special, look up P h i l E l m o r e (extra spaces to hopefully break search engine results). I remember him from his Bladeforums.com days back in the early 2000s. Seems he's really gone off the deep end since, not that he wasn't a bit kooky then.

Chris
    I had this old memory of PE being the sword guy—which I was remembering correctly. That’s not why I’m posting though. I’m posting because of the crazy shit Amazon suggests if you look at his books.

https://www.amazon.com/Ass-Goblins-A...CVJYW500HS39VD
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    You ain't kidding.

Chris
    Isn't that the crazy guy that had some sort of weighted baseball hat for self defense?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Isn't that the crazy guy that had some sort of weighted baseball hat for self defense?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I had this old memory of PE being the sword guy—which I was remembering correctly. That’s not why I’m posting though. I’m posting because of the crazy shit Amazon suggests if you look at his books.

https://www.amazon.com/Ass-Goblins-A...CVJYW500HS39VD

OMG.

I know what to do with my Christmas Amazon Gift Cards now!

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wouldn't have been the craziest thing he suggested.

I bet @blues remembers the guy too.

Chris

User Tag List