Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ed's Manifesto on the Joe Rogan Podcast

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    This, over and over.

The other thing I dislike is the appearance of credit trades with folks. There's a whole circle of folks that are seemingly saying they saw this guy do this thing first and everyone else got it there. Say it enough and it's fact.
    Ugh. That drives me crazy.

Example:
    Who first publicized "the revolver checkout"?

I bet everyone gets it wrong due to the phenomena described above.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Wouldn't have been the craziest thing he suggested.

I bet @blues remembers the guy too.

Chris
    I do remember him but I doubt I would have had you not mentioned him.

Too friggin' funny.

Hey, I wonder if he moved to New Hampshire...?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Ugh. That drives me crazy.

Example:

I bet everyone gets it wrong due to the phenomena described above.

Chris
    Yup. And that's not to say it's even Ed or anyone else doing it. Folks just wind up crowdsourcing some level of credibility for people and those who know better avoid the conflict and let it happen.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

OMG.

I know what to do with my Christmas Amazon Gift Cards now!

Chris
    Waaaaaay OT, but:

Q: what do you get when you cross a children’s clothing company with Nazis?

A: OshKosh B’gauschwitz.

Example:
    Wait... it wasn’t March?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Wait... it wasn’t March?
    Nope. His procedure mirrors the one published by Skeeter Skelton decades ago.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I do remember him but I doubt I would have had you not mentioned him.

Too friggin' funny.

Hey, I wonder if he moved to New Hampshire...?

I read the title as "Fleshlight Fighting".

I'm sorry.

Chris

I read the title as "Fleshlight Fighting".

I'm sorry.

Chris
    That's a topic for a different thread
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I've spent time with "Buggs" of http://www.borderlandbeat.com/ who knows a lot about Ed.
    Ed's intel and insights on Mexico and the cartels is pretty much spot on and he was Mexican LE.
    Is he a bit out of his lane in some of his coursework... probably.
    But I see the same thing from a lot of retired/ex US LE and Mil in the training world as well.
    A sweet Instagram page and an unremarkable DD214 doesn't mean you know jack shit about fighting with a handgun, but attracts a certain demographic like flies to honey.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I quit following him on social media, but as far as I know his bona fides have never been verified by any other known trainer. . As in " I worked with the guy. I was there when he did all that."

That stands to reason, since none of the folks in the training circles he's a part of now were working in Mexico. And I don't think he's very open about where he worked (which is understandable.) So maybe he was the Mexican Jason Bourne. Or maybe not.

If someone in the US made claims of being a supercop or SOF, he would generally be called out quickly if he was lying. Who can call BS on this guy?

Ten or more years ago he used to be on the knife forums talking about knife fighting - and we all know the "knife fighters" are the kookiest of the tactical weirdos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    That's my hangup with him. It's not that I have any specific reason to doubt anything about him, it's just that I've never seen him vouched for outside of his weird cult like followers. He may be legit, he may not be. I still follow him though and I'll listen to the new Rogan podcast after my kids head off to school.

I always thought gun shows were bad, then I went to a knife show at the fairgrounds in town. It was full of, uh, interesting people.
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    This, over and over.

The other thing I dislike is the appearance of credit trades with folks. There's a whole circle of folks that are seemingly saying they saw this guy do this thing first and everyone else got it there. Say it enough and it's fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I believe @36trap knows him.
    Let me start by stating I have no business dealings with Ed and have not taken any of his classes. I did spend an extended amount of time with him and and his family outside of a "training" environment. I've had the opportunity to discuss topics at length including his former career in a setting that isn't going to happen for most people. I've also spent time around him in other settings. My bullshit meter is legit. I'm the kind of guy if you haven't earned my trust and tell me the sky is blue, I'm gonna need to look for myself. None of my interactions with the man have given me pause or concern about his background.

As someone stated, Ed has been on the interwebs long before the manifesto became a thing. He's several years into the manifesto. He's in magazines on a frequent basis. It has been 7-months since his first appearance on Rogan. What I find interesting is nobody has come forward with anything to expose the man as a fraud in a world full of haters.

I can't say I've heard Ed take credit for being the first to come up with something. Maybe he has and I'm not aware of it. He seems quick to credit others and makes it clear where his material originates from.

In his classes Ed doesn't teach bullshit theory or have a system that evolves into a MLM scheme. You want to learn how to pick locks, he teaches you. You want to learn how to escape various restraints, he teaches you. You want to see how a blade or other stabby / pokey thing does on the pig, he gives you the opportunity. You want to learn how to make improvised weapons out of readily available items, he teaches you. Everything he teaches you're going to be able to determine right then and there if it's bullshit or not. Given how popular his classes are and the number of repeat students, I'd say he must be offering skills people find valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    What I find interesting is nobody has come forward with anything to expose the man as a fraud in a world full of haters.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    I can't say I've heard Ed take credit for being the first to come up with something. Maybe he has and I'm not aware of it. He seems quick to credit others and makes it clear where his material originates from.
    To be clear, I haven't either. He is on record a lot crediting many. Fanbois ruin everything.

The effect is still annoying and I'm not sure even he could stop it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List