Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed's Manifesto on the Joe Rogan Podcast

Ed's Manifesto on the Joe Rogan Podcast

One of my friends, Ed Calderon aka Ed's Manifesto just finished up recording an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience. Subject of discussion was related to border issues, cartels, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhb2ymtsw8

Listened to it, great podcast. I’ve been following Ed for some time, his experiences and the way he thinks outside the box is amazing. I’d take his classes given the chance.

Site Supporter
    Interesting!

I first learned of Ed via one of Recoil's OffGrid magazines. I have his blog bookmarked, but don't visit it often enough. I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    One of my friends, Ed Calderon aka Ed's Manifesto just finished up recording an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience. Subject of discussion was related to border issues, cartels, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhb2ymtsw8
    Does he still recommend carrying a lighter to burn someone while you're grappling?

Site Supporter
    I am listening to more interviews with this guy. He's rather interesting.

I enjoyed listening to that podcast

He is interesting and I enjoy reading a lot of what he has written

He really knows how to capitalize on social media with images and such.

One thing I don't understand is that if he is a former cop and bodyguard who did counter cartel work in Mexico, wouldn't he be afraid to show his face and identify himself all over social media?

Just to be clear, I am not the Ed being discussed, and I don't have any manifesto .
    Last edited by Ed L; 08-24-2019 at 11:55 PM.

I first heard about Ed Calderon from the CEO of Triple Aught Design in a Shivworks class in 2014. He hosts both Ed and Craig's classes at his showroom in San Francisco's Dog Patch neighborhood.

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    Second episode with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    He really knows how to capitalize on social media with images and s

One thing I don't understand is that if he is a former cop and bodyguard who did counter cartel work in Mexico, wouldn't he be afraid to show his face and identify himself all over social media?

I quit following him on social media, but as far as I know his bona fides have never been verified by any other known trainer. . As in " I worked with the guy. I was there when he did all that."

That stands to reason, since none of the folks in the training circles he's a part of now were working in Mexico. And I don't think he's very open about where he worked (which is understandable.) So maybe he was the Mexican Jason Bourne. Or maybe not.

If someone in the US made claims of being a supercop or SOF, he would generally be called out quickly if he was lying. Who can call BS on this guy?

Ten or more years ago he used to be on the knife forums talking about knife fighting - and we all know the "knife fighters" are the kookiest of the tactical weirdos.
    Last edited by BigD; 01-09-2020 at 07:52 AM.

User Tag List